Electric Cooling Fan Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wchain

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well the little lady called me today, said the AC stoppped working and the temp gauge was steady rising.

I told her to pull over at a gas station and wait for me. I met up with her, and checked for leaks. None.

Started the truck. The cooling fan is not on, not with the A/C or anything.

Anyone have any ideas? Are electric fans a trouble spot on these?

Thanks in advance guys.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the first post about one that wasn't mud related (after off roading) that I've seen. What year is yours, do you still have waranty?

2003KJ

Reaction score
It's a dumb question but did you make sure it was still plugged in? I've had things stop working before and freak out, come to find out it's simply not plugged in.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fan should always be on High with the A/C on, so I would say the motor is bad. They are not a trouble spot, the only bad ones I ever hear of are full of mud. This is one reason I want an engine driven fan, that way I have backup...

wchain

Reaction score
Nope, we dont go in the mud.

Its an 03, and I'm pretty sure its not covered by the 7/70, we have 53K on it.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take the fan assembly out and rebuild it. It's not as complicated as it sounds. There is a little "C" clip that holds it all together.

Mine had stopped working summer before last, it just wouldn't spin. I took it out to figure out what was wrong, took it apart and saw nothing out of the ordinary, then put it back together and tested it. It all of a sudden worked.

I don't know why it didn't work. Probably something stuck that just needed to get loosened up.