El Burro II Project Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burro II

Reaction score
Just finished the major service and refinements such as new rims and tires:

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6473-finished3.jpg

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6472-finished2.jpg

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6471-finished1.jpg

The radio installation. Took all of five minutes to swap in the new one with the aux jack

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6474-radio1.jpg

Brakes front and rear:

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6478-frontbrakes1.jpg

Old pads were pretty sorry. 1/16" on one of them.

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6477-oldpadsnewpads.jpg

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6475-rearbrakes1.jpg

Diff looked perfect when I opened it up:

burro-ii-albums-main-picture6476-reardiff.jpg

Great test drive. Shakedown cruise to Hetch Hetchy on Thursday.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those rims are shiny!

What model radio did you install? I have an RBQ, which I appreciate for the in-dash 6-disc changer.. was considering wiring in the aux port myself, but if it's just as easy-easier to swap in another Chrysler radio....

Looking good!

Burro II

Reaction score
Wow, those rims are shiny!

What model radio did you install? I have an RBQ, which I appreciate for the in-dash 6-disc changer.. was considering wiring in the aux port myself, but if it's just as easy-easier to swap in another Chrysler radio....

Looking good!

Thanks.
The original radio is model RBK. Single screw to the left of the power outlet releases the cover panel. Fours screws hold in the radio. Two plugs in the back.

Sourced at 1factoryradio.com

$125 delivered.

Hope that helps.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
The original radio is model RBK. Single screw to the left of the power outlet releases the cover panel. Fours screws hold in the radio. Two plugs in the back.

Sourced at 1factoryradio.com

$125 delivered.

Hope that helps.

Yep! I knew about them, I was thinking there was a factory radio (like from overseas) that already had the aux in port.

1factoryradio.com is selling the radios with the port modded in, which I can do myself. That's a good price for one though.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Comet DP-730 is the number for the doorlip mount I used but it looks like you're all set.

How DID you get those wheels that shiny?

Burro II

Reaction score
Comet DP-730 is the number for the doorlip mount I used but it looks like you're all set.

How DID you get those wheels that shiny?

Bought them new from Jante Wheel. $435 set of four delivered! New black lug nuts too, from same place. Less than $20 for 23 of them.

Antenna mount is a simple piece of angle aluminum cut to match the curve of the rack end and secured by 3 screws into the inside of the rack end. Then a simple hole in the horizontal surface of the aluminum for the antenna/feed line connection. It is only about 3" by 1.3".

Easy enough. Hidden. Sturdy. Effective. From off the shelf stock. 30 minute project. Got the antenna nice and high. Antenna is a Comet CA 2 X 4 SR. Works great with my Yaesu FT-60 VHF/UHF. Gets me good distance, as well as working over some tough terrain, which is all around me.

Brian
N7BKV

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Good job! I have the same antenna tucked next to the left rear seat and a tiny 10" antenna on the mount that fits under the garage door without any memory problems. FTM-10SR with 10 watts doesn't go far but bigger stuff plugs right in, NL7PW

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This reminds me that I need to replace my rear wheel studs and get a new set of nuts. But I was waiting to do that for when my moabs go on.

Clean parts on the el burro II KJ looking good!