Easy question for you folks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should be an easy question for you folks since most of you do way more work on your Libertys than I would ever do. When you look at the front of the Jeep with its iconic vertical grill, (mine is an '02 Sport) right behind it is a thin, black grill piece. My black grill piece is missing a few vertical slats. So my wife got me a new black grill as one of my Christmas presents. I took a quick look at the situation the other day to see about installing this new piece. It looks like I should take off the front grill to get to the black piece behind it. The front grill looks to be held on at the top by four screws, if I remember correctly. What I'm not sure about is how the bottom of the front grill is fastened. Can you tell me where and how to get to whatever is holding the bottom of the front grill in place?

This isn't urgent because it's 18 degrees outside. I won't be doing this until it warms up some, but thought I'd ask while I'm thinking about it. Wife has been asking if I know yet how to do this.

Thanks for any help.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you talking about the radiator support behind it or the vertical slots that fill the 7 big slots? If the radiator support is missing a few slots, I'd just leave it. Otherwise, the "filler" slots that go in the real 7 slots should come with the new grill. Undo the top of the grill then tip the top forward and pull up. The bottom is just clipped in.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After removing grill you might consider brining it inside before swapping the party out, plastic is not very pliable at 18° it preferres to crack instead.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Take the 4 screws out
Then lift the grill out, bottom has " feet" that set down in slots in the bottom