Dual Batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgbazz

Reaction score
Howdy all, has anyone done a dual battery setup? If so where did you mount te second battery? Thanks!!

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uuuuum.... no, but you've certainly got my attention.

I can't help you with that question, but I gotta ask.... why do you need two batteries ??

:cheers:

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen it on heavy duty pick up trucks back in the day. I think it was an option on Dodges. You switched from one battery to the other. I do not remember if they were used parallel for high loads. Batteries were on the left and right of the radiator. If you didn't need an air box, that would be a good place.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This link above is very good for the discussion on how to connect and switch two batteries...pity that at the end of the thread there is a lot of garbage about how the alternator regulates the voltage.

As far as regards where to mount the second battery...I quit like Bulli's idea in the following link where he mounted it in front of the right/rear wheel arch although I think the finishing off could be better.

www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49514

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.