Drove a KK at the auction today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I drove one today at the repo lot and I really like the interior layout better than th KJ. Nice vehicle but I only have one gripe at a quick glance is that the center console door seemed like the hinges might have a tendency to break while open. The big box and additional drink holders behind the console are really nice.

On a side note I sat in a loaded Commander too. Nice vehicle but I just seemed to keep comparing it to a Suburban. That's a tough comparo.

Last edited:

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my KK :) No issues with the hinges yet. They feel just like any other center console to me--no frailty here.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The interior layout is relatively the same, minus the window switches. What difference is there to like?

I will agree with the console hinge... I'm always afraid I'm going to break it.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing I noticed about the KK which is probably the most obvious is that it feels updated and modern.

The center console is MUCH LARGER and it's also much more practical and usable. The removable tray with the "hidden" storage is a really nice feature.

The drink cup holder layout and the addition of the rear holders are a nice update IMO. The location of the rear drink holders reminds me of the GM products I generally drive in that they are accessible by the driver while seated. I drink my coffee with all three, available hands.

The electronic 4 wheel drive is nice but the switch is a bit large and is in an almost too accessible position for the type of driving I do which is null and void of off-roading. My memory is not servicing me very well here but is there room for another drink holder here?

The design of the KK center console area gave me the impression that the vehicle is wider and has more room in the front compared to the KJ.

Last edited:

staggerlee41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The inside of the '11 KK is absolutely larger than my 02 KJ was. I definitely like the redesign on the interior as well. The description you've provided is spot on with how it's laid out. Overall, I like the redesign other than one thing. The KJ had 2 power outlets right in the front of the vehicle and one in the back of the vehicle in the rear cargo area. There is no reason to NOT have one SOMEWHERE in that console, either inside or on the back facing rear seating other than saving a few dimes manufacturing the vehicle. I find this to be the '11 KK equal of the 02 KJ's door controls being on the center console. Just stupid, what were these engineers thinking? The center console is a huge improvement (minus that 2nd power outlet) and seems sturdy enough so far.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Initially I would have agreed with you regarding the window controls being on the center console but I've changed my mind. When I first got the vehicle, the door lock and window buttons seemed caddywompus but I appreciate the layout now.

In particular, I the location of the window controls for the back seat being located on the back of the center console. The reason I like this location is that it's harder/nearly impossible for my dog's to pop open the windows inadvertently and basically impossible for them to with the "pooch blocker" installed. I'm giving the guys at Jeep 5 stars on this decision.

staggerlee41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a dog lover, I can certainly understand your perspective lol. Couldn't you just hit the window lock and keep them locked so that an accidental paw on window control wouldn't allow it to open?

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suburbans, Tahoes, pickups, I never really messed with a pooch blocker. My dog's have a way of stomping on window lock-out switches too. I never really rely on them.