• Two hands on wheel - ten to 2 position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two hands on wheel - one on the top, one on the bottom

• Two hands on wheel - both on the bottom

• One hand on the wheel - other is on the gearstick

• One hand on the wheel - other is on the handbrake (esp for rally drivers)

• One hand on the wheel - other is doing something else

• No hands on the wheel - knees do the driving

• What? I have no wheel!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read an article in New Scientist that "SUV" drivers are usually bad drivers because they drive with one hand on the wheel.

Poll time!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only SUV drivers?

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left elbow on rest, left hand on wheel, right hand usually on the gearshift. I know.."its an auto" but I have driven a stick so much that it is natural now.

Now if weather is bad or traffic is heavy, its both hands on the wheel all the way.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
depends......usually one hand on wheel and other on gear stick or arm rest (or drinking coffee) when it gets a bit twisty, lot of volume...i go to the 10 and 2 position...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate it when people who eat and drink in their cars.. I hate it even more when they eat in mine.. =;

So please do not drink or eat in your jeep (at least not when you are driving, it is worst than that lady putting her make up on while driving!!!!!) . Believe me kj hates it too. It were me designing these cars, there wouldn't be any cup holders.. :D

who voted "no wheel", and who actually put that as selection!? =D>

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I hate it when people who eat and drink in their cars.. I hate it even more when they eat in mine.. =;

So please do not drink or eat in your jeep (at least not when you are driving, it is worst than that lady putting her make up on while driving!!!!!) . Believe me kj hates it too. It were me designing these cars, there wouldn't be any cup holders.. :D

who voted "no wheel", and who actually put that as selection!? =D>

aww so u hated it when I went and got starbucks....

I usually only drink when im going straight..and nothings going on...OR im at a light....(c'mon we're in ny..we're stuck in traffic half the time)

and yeah.I voted no wheel...LoL

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say that I eat in my jeep alot. I also drive with my knees kinda often. \:D/

Ive never pulled the ebrake in my jeep to slide. Id say it wouldnt do anything since it ***** so bad. :-s

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You last three..

Jon, that coffee does not count, since YOU NEEDED TO WAKE UP!!! :) I will give you that.

Blake!?!?! you... eating in the jeep.. I guess i will say that your jeeps interior is not as clean as its exterior.. [-( what a disappointment.

marlon answered it all. These jeep seats are pain to clean, has anyone ever looked into the crack where back meets cushion? it is like circus in there, once I found a sesame seed that my uncle dropped when he took the jeep for a drive.. I spotted that seed from a mile away and asked them about it.

back to the topic..
has anyone ever gotten a wheel knob installed on their kj? I loved those things, but KJ 's wheel is small enough so we don't need that.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at the 2 with no wheels - now they ARE dangers to motoring :) - never eaten in mine (except on long journeys eg. day long). Infrequently drink.

Nova69

Reaction score
Left hand at ten of, right in notch between upper spoke and wheel.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
marlon answered it all. These jeep seats are pain to clean, has anyone ever looked into the crack where back meets cushion? it is like circus in there, once I found a sesame seed that my uncle dropped when he took the jeep for a drive.. I spotted that seed from a mile away and asked them about it.
You're complaining? You have leather. Wipe off, no problems. I have cloth... it's not going anywhere.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wipe off... it gets old and all wrinkled..

2003KJ

Reaction score
Usually it's left hand at 12 position, right hand on the gear shifter.....unless i'm changing radio stations, songs on the ipod, windows....etc.

Thats how I drive any vehicle i'm driving....not just SUV's.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to second what Jeger posted. one hand on the wheel and the other on the shifter (even tho its an auto). All my other trucks/car were 5 spd. If i dont have it on the shifter im doing something else.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the situation. In town, if I'm surrounded by other cars or theres just a lot of lights and stuff to watch, I keep both hands at 10 and 2. If I'm out in county where there's not much, I keep my left hand on the wheel and my right arm on the center console.