• Two hands on wheel - ten to 2 position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two hands on wheel - one on the top, one on the bottom

• Two hands on wheel - both on the bottom

• One hand on the wheel - other is on the gearstick

• One hand on the wheel - other is on the handbrake (esp for rally drivers)

• One hand on the wheel - other is doing something else

• No hands on the wheel - knees do the driving

• What? I have no wheel!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Depends on the situation. In town, if I'm surrounded by other cars or theres just a lot of lights and stuff to watch, I keep both hands at 10 and 2. If I'm out in county where there's not much, I keep my left hand on the wheel and my right arm on the center console.

I'm quite the opposite!

When in city and need quick responses, I usually keep one hand on the wheel (my right :) ), and the left on the gearstick ready to change gears. Sometimes i do keep both, but when at speed and need to swerve to avoid possible car doors opening.

On the motorway, I keep both hands on (esp in the wind) to keep control at high speed (70mph).

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
ENBr said:
On the motorway, I keep both hands on (esp in the wind) to keep control at high speed (70mph).
Wind is a killer. Definitely both hands on steering wheel then.

If I just use one, I have a tendency to under or overcorrect.

However at the same time, if I use both hands at 10-2, the same problem happens... so I just keep them at around 8-4.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
ENBr said:
Wind is a killer. Definitely both hands on steering wheel then.

If I just use one, I have a tendency to under or overcorrect.

However at the same time, if I use both hands at 10-2, the same problem happens... so I just keep them at around 8-4.

Wind is a constant state of being here :p

Can't wait for summer when I can roll down the windows, turn on the aircon (separately of course), and enhance the lives of everyone I pass by good music: like CHILDREN OF BODOM or acoustic SEETHER! Woo!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
You last three..

Jon, that coffee does not count, since YOU NEEDED TO WAKE UP!!! :) I will give you that.

Blake!?!?! you... eating in the jeep.. I guess i will say that your jeeps interior is not as clean as its exterior.. [-( what a disappointment.

marlon answered it all. These jeep seats are pain to clean, has anyone ever looked into the crack where back meets cushion? it is like circus in there, once I found a sesame seed that my uncle dropped when he took the jeep for a drive.. I spotted that seed from a mile away and asked them about it.

back to the topic..
has anyone ever gotten a wheel knob installed on their kj? I loved those things, but KJ 's wheel is small enough so we don't need that.

Haha, inside is just as clean! I dont make a mess when I eat

I sweep it out alot too. It gets sand and mud in it from offroading. O:)

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Depends on the situation. In town, if I'm surrounded by other cars or theres just a lot of lights and stuff to watch, I keep both hands at 10 and 2. If I'm out in county where there's not much, I keep my left hand on the wheel and my right arm on the center console.
I envy you. I can't even reach my center console. I am so short that I have to have my seat scooted WAY up. The console is practically behind the seat. Kind of hard to reach the window controls...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
frikki said:
desertkj said:
I envy you. I can't even reach my center console. I am so short that I have to have my seat scooted WAY up. The console is practically behind the seat. Kind of hard to reach the window controls...
Geez, how tall are you?

I'm 5' 10" and my seat is alllll the way back. My sister is 5' 6", same thing. Her seat is even reclined a bit...

frikki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
frikki said:
desertkj said:
Geez, how tall are you?

I'm 5' 10" and my seat is alllll the way back. My sister is 5' 6", same thing. Her seat is even reclined a bit...

I might be 5' 1", maybe 5' 2". It really *****.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
frikki said:
Marlon_JBT said:
frikki said:
desertkj said:
Geez, how tall are you?

I might be 5' 1", maybe 5' 2". It really *****.
No problem. I work with a girl who's only 2" over midget height.. She drives just like you. The only thing I'd be concerned with is the airbag..

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6'3 and seat as far back as it will go! I suppose it depends on leg length.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my power seat it is all the way back (the seat itself) but I keep it close to 90 degrees for back support.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm right handed for everything except for driving and talking on the telephone so it's mostly left hand driving, right arm on the console.

I knew a guy that owned an import auto repair when I had an Austin Healey. He told me a story about a guy that had a high end BMW. He said that guy once wrote the factory and asked why they put the ashtray where it was - because everytime he was in 5th gear he couldn't open the ashtray.

The factory wrote back and said what the *&^% are you doing smoking in 5th gear!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i drove a neon for about 5 years...it's tiny..i got used to being crammed in there.....i cant drive bigger roomier vehicles cuz it makes me uncomfortable......i need to be cramped...LoL

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im 6ft and I keep my seat to where my knees touch the dash. Im a ways from having the seat all the way back. I like being up on the wheel since i drive like a mad man. I keep the back kinda tilted back though so I dont look weird.

Eddo sat in my jeep while we were on an offroad run and asked me why I sat so close to the dash. O:)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Im 6ft and I keep my seat to where my knees touch the dash. Im a ways from having the seat all the way back. I like being up on the wheel since i drive like a mad man. I keep the back kinda tilted back though so I dont look weird.

Eddo sat in my jeep while we were on an offroad run and asked me why I sat so close to the dash. O:)
You're screwed if that airbag goes off. I cant stand having my knees touch anything. It took forever to find where my keys wouldnt rub against my leg driving.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
When I started driving, I was 5'7"... the seat hasn't moved since. I've tried driving close to the steering wheel.... it just doesn't work out.

Latest posts

Members online