Driving home and this happens...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownjohnny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

2006 Liberty Sport Just hit 100,000 still purring like a middle aged kitten

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember when that mileage meant the car's certain death was just around the corner...? :emotions34:

Bob

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an 06 and I'm just now about to hit 62K. Sea duty for the past 5 years has kept her young.:icon_lol:

rowletteqweiss

Reaction score
My 2005 limited still fun and not done 156,834 enjoyable miles.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first started working on cars in my Dads station in 1970. Then one changed the oil every thousand miles. Points and plugs @ 8 k. Most needed a rebuild by 60K, and were rolling scrap at 100K. Not just the drivetrain, seat springs were poking you in the ass, at least one window roller was stripped, big chrome bumpers were peeling, et al.

People talk about "the good old days" and "they just don't build em like they used to", but they weren't , and you can be damned glad they don't. At least as far as cars(and motorcycles, for that matter) go.

Also, gas was $0.289 per gallon. New tires were $27.50 for 14's, & $28.50 for 15's recaps $15.00. A damned awfully good tire would last at least 20,000 miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I first started working on cars in my Dads station in 1970. Then one changed the oil every thousand miles. Points and plugs @ 8 k. Most needed a rebuild by 60K, and were rolling scrap at 100K. Not just the drivetrain, seat springs were poking you in the ass, at least one window roller was stripped, big chrome bumpers were peeling, et al.

People talk about "the good old days" and "they just don't build em like they used to", but they weren't , and you can be damned glad they don't. At least as far as cars(and motorcycles, for that matter) go.

Also, gas was $0.289 per gallon. New tires were $27.50 for 14's, & $28.50 for 15's recaps $15.00. A damned awfully good tire would last at least 20,000 miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I remember all that. I am getting too old.

Dave