Drive Side Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 Limited Liberty and recently I have been having trouble with the drive side window. There are no issues when the window goes down, however when I close the window, it appears to lean forward a little then get stuck. I'm planning to bring this to the dealers attention to have them look into it. Does anyone here know if this is covered by warranty (I think it is, but I'm not sure) and how long should this take (hours, days)?

From looking at other posters, it seems to be a common issue with the regulator?

GSXRGUY

Reaction score
Six years of making libertys and they still wont fix this problem...This is a problem that has affected probably 75% of liberty owners. They say there is no design flaws or have heard of this problem when confronted with it. Hope your waranty wil cover it, or else you are going to spend some $$ on an OEM one

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same problem with my front pass window goes down fine but when going up gets about 1/2 way and studders for about 3" and then goes up the rest of the way fine. Hasn't done it in quite awhile but I'm sure its the regulator. I've been told its covered at the dealer but I don't know if it has to break all the way first before they will fix it.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it is covered under warranty, I don't want to spend any amount of $$ to fix a problem which shouldn't have occured. I'll let you guys know how it went..

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This is only a real issue with the '06 and '07s. Haven't seen many window regulator failures on the '02-'05s. Not sure if the '08s are affected. My sister's '05 is fine after 57k miles and lots of window operation. My '06's regulator decided to break at about 23?k.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is only a real issue with the '06 and '07s. Haven't seen many window regulator failures on the '02-'05s. Not sure if the '08s are affected. My sister's '05 is fine after 57k miles and lots of window operation. My '06's regulator decided to break at about 23?k.
Well I'm not going to say I've got over 90k miles on my '03 with no major issues because I don't want it to come back to slap me... ;)

GSXRGUY

Reaction score
well my 02 is has 125K on it and both driver side windows are shot

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
75% have had problems????????????????????:eek:
I want to see that information:confused::confused::confused:
04 with over 113000 and not one problem, also on a bunch of different boards and a few 06/07 have had problems but not 75% of the total Libertys built, thats just scaring people for no reasonsad2.gif

the sky is falling..... the sky is falling:D:D:D:D:D:D

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it is covered under warranty, I don't want to spend any amount of $$ to fix a problem which shouldn't have occured. I'll let you guys know how it went..

Yes, the window regulators are covered under warranty. I have an 07 model too and have already had 2 of them replaced.

The service manager did tell me a hint to help keep them from breaking in the future, or at least extend the life of them. He said to make sure you regularly clean out the window tracks - especially after dust storms (here in TX) or any other dirty/sloppy weather. He also suggested spraying the window tracks from top to bottom on all 4 windows with a silicone lube spray. I have done this for a while, and it seems to help (knock on wood). If you pay attention, you can usually tell when the track is getting dirty and sticking. If the window hesitates or slows at all when raising, make sure you clean it out and re-lube it ASAP. I have caught mine a couple of times starting to stick. Then cleaned and re-lubed and it is all good again and did not break.

Just my .02. Hope it help in the future.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just came back from the dealership and the repair/fix was covered by warranty. I waited for an hour and a half and the issue seems to be resolved. I talked to the counter person who took my "order" and he mentioned to me it probably is a mis-aligned track.

long_tall_texan: I think what they did was cleaned and sprayed silicon on the tracks. Now the windows goes up and down so much smoother than my other windows. I'm not a car savy guy, are there any online videos on how to clean and spray silicon on the tracks? If it is something I can do I rather do it myself than bring it to a dealership.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and help!

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take a couple pics this weekend and post them. Yes, it is really easy. Anyone can do it.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had to replace both rear regulators in my 2002. More than likely, that is your problem.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics of how to clean the window tracks.

Make sure to clean all windows tracks out with a wet rag.

Front:
You must be registered for see images attach

Front:

Rear:

Rear: On this one, you can't fit a finger in there. Just wad up a corner of the rag and run it through the track.

Then after they have all been wiped clean, allow the excess water to dry. Then spray each of the tracks with a silicone lube spray as shown below.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I actually run a dry rag back over it after I lube them up to get the excess off. The silicon still makes it slick, but you don't have any leftovers rubbing off on the windows.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
long_tall_texan: Thanks, this is great! You should post this on the how to section for people like me.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got over 90k miles on my '03 with no major issues ;)
:D my dealer fixed mine free of charge. the technician said they were on recall but i cant find the notice but he fixed 2 of my windows driver and rear driver