drive line noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from between 70kph (45mph) and 90kph (55mph) I can hear and feel a slight vibration but only at those speeds the sound is like a whoom whoom whoom . hard to describe.

edit: almost like an aggressise treaded tire would sound like on pavement, but I have all seasons

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hearing the same sound in the very same speed interval with the Cooper STT's. I tried getting them fine tuned and different air pressure levels to no luck. When I switched to normal tires, the sound was gone.

Even though you don't have agressive thread pattern, I believe it's all about the tires, maybe bad tune-up or pressure loss.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would look at your front drive shaft for wear or a ripped boot. its the shaft that goes from trans to transfercase

Make sure you didnt lose a tire weight

have you had to make any emergency abrupt and full stops, locking the tires (possibly causeing a flat spot)

i would look at my first suggestion firswt and go from there

Last edited:

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank's for the quick replys .
I have only had my liberty a week and know next to nothing about it.
but i will defiatly check out the things you suggested.
no emergency stops since I've owned it

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found the problem. ( I hope)
my tires all had different pressures in them. I put 35 pounds in all four now it rolls quietly.
they are HANCOOK DYNAPRO AS if that makes any difference . I hope thats all it was.