drive line noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from between 70kph (45mph) and 90kph (55mph) I can hear and feel a slight vibration but only at those speeds the sound is like a whoom whoom whoom . hard to describe.

edit: almost like an aggressise treaded tire would sound like on pavement, but I have all seasons

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hearing the same sound in the very same speed interval with the Cooper STT's. I tried getting them fine tuned and different air pressure levels to no luck. When I switched to normal tires, the sound was gone.

Even though you don't have agressive thread pattern, I believe it's all about the tires, maybe bad tune-up or pressure loss.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would look at your front drive shaft for wear or a ripped boot. its the shaft that goes from trans to transfercase

Make sure you didnt lose a tire weight

have you had to make any emergency abrupt and full stops, locking the tires (possibly causeing a flat spot)

i would look at my first suggestion firswt and go from there

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Check your hub bearings as well... they make similar noises when they start going bad.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank's for the quick replys .
I have only had my liberty a week and know next to nothing about it.
but i will defiatly check out the things you suggested.
no emergency stops since I've owned it

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may have found the problem. ( I hope)
my tires all had different pressures in them. I put 35 pounds in all four now it rolls quietly.
they are HANCOOK DYNAPRO AS if that makes any difference . I hope thats all it was.

Latest posts

Members online