Door molding peeling off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my front driver side door molding is peeling off little by little what can do fixed this problem 08 jeep liberty?

Searcher67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a Long time since I had trim fall off, and it was on my Z show car. What I did was pull it off CAREFULLY....remove ALL the adhesive on the trim piece then clean that and the area whre it goes with alcohol, I use 90%.

3M makes a double sided trim tape, and they have it at Wally mart, you can buy it in different widths. Put that on the trim piece then remove the door side paper and press in place from right to left NOT JUST STICK THE WHOLE THING ON from one end to the other slowly. Once done your good to go and if you cleaned the trim and door well enough it will not come off again!

The 3M tape is black with a red adhesive protector on both sides, it should be around 5 bucks a pack. Buy the size appropriate for the trim not too thin or wide.

Or if you don't want to pull the whole thing off you can peel it away and use the same 3M product on that small section, BUT be prepared for the rest to fall away from the door eventually. I would just do the whole thing, ONCE AND DONE!

OH.... If you leave the piece out in the sun to heat up while you clean the door it will make it more pliable and thus easier to apply. Have the 3M tape on the trim piece while its heating..

Last edited:

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my jeep dealership they are replace that part for brand new one should be in this week?