Dome light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2002 Limited the dome lights don't come on when I open the tailgate. I looked at wiring diagrams at work today and it only shows a rear window switch that is tied into the rear wiper circuit. When you pop up the rear glass the warning comes up in the cluster too. Did Jeep just not think to put a dome switch back there?

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Limited here as well, and mine does the same thing. I just hit the unlock button, and if need be hit the dome light. Then end up forgetting that I turned it on and proceed to drive with the dome light on until I'm at my destination or too annoyed to continue.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The rear cargo light includes an independent (push in) “On/Off”switch, which when “off” will not allow the illumination of any interior lighting when the rear swing gate or
flipper glass is opened.
All other methods of turning the interior lighting on/off will function normally regardless of the rear cargo light independent switch position.
Owners manual states if a door is left open or the dimmer switch set to full on, they should turn off after aprox 8 minutes.
Is something up with the BCM timers?
Strange things tho can happen with the rear cargo "independent" switch light.
I've seen it stay on forever not turn off or have all the interior light found on the next morning, after use of the push in rear cargo light...
Probably just some...
59970[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

:gr_grin:

Attachments

• KwVmj76.jpg
    KwVmj76.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 0