Do I trust my Renegade roof rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgeBruce

Reaction score
Took the Jeep camping Labor Day weekend. Was leery about the 14-year-old (stock) plastic renegade rack being able to hold a kayak, but it held up fine, 8 hour round trip, up to 75 mph (bye bye gas mileage :happy175:). So for any Rene owners out there wondering like I was, it can be done!

Still plan on replacing it tho...love the look, but definitely not practical :emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took the Jeep camping Labor Day weekend. Was leery about the 14-year-old (stock) plastic renegade rack being able to hold a kayak, but it held up fine, 8 hour round trip, up to 75 mph (bye bye gas mileage :happy175:). So for any Rene owners out there wondering like I was, it can be done!

Still plan on replacing it tho...love the look, but definitely not practical :emotions34:

They have the half round parts in top to carry a canoe / kayak so will carry.
many have used it in that way over the years

GeorgeBruce

Reaction score
Forgot to add pics...much better:gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

GeorgeBruce

Reaction score
They have the half round parts in top to carry a canoe / kayak so will carry.
many have used it in that way over the years

Yep I saw em, just wasn't sure about it being plastic lol. Definitely a design more suited for a canoe. I took 3" black pipe insulation that I had lying around and set a piece on top of each cross section.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want silver Renegade fender flares.

Dammit.

The only thing I like, aesthetically on the Renny.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice looking Jeep. Never realized that the rack for a canoe or kayak. Always wondered what the cut outs were for.