New Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoDakJeep

Reaction score
The material I used was supposed to be a type of storage rack that we had laying around. Well I took it to our local fab show to have him cut apart and then reweld it back into a box. It is very strong and just slightly starts to bow with my 150lb self on top of the rack. Dimensions are 50x40x4 and I plan on installing some 2 lights on each side of the basket so I can have plenty of lighting for camping. I used u-bolts to attach but when I did this they were a little long and ended up scratching the roof a little bit when I cut them off. The main reason for this basket is a 1800 mile round trip concert so I needed more storage place for coolers tents chairs ect. Heck for 60 bucks I can not complain.

I also know that it is off center and I am going to fix that when I get back from my trip.

You must be registered for see images attach

SoDakJeep

Reaction score
to be honest I have no clue what type of metal it was made of. It had a plastic type powder coat that I just sprayed black paint over. I am not really concerned about mpg with the rack til I have to start paying over $4 a gallon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.