****** Dipstick Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertPH

Reaction score
here is one for the books

went to check the ****** oil the other day and the tube must have sheared off about 25 - 30 cm down, heat from the turbo maybe ? not sure anyhow my problem is 1. getting the rest out from the break downwards and 2. sourcing another.
My bet bet would be to take the pieces to GMA engineering down the road and getting a new one made using the end piece with the grommit from the broken one. would be a lot cheaper thata new part.

Anyone ever heard of this happening before ? or tips on getting the other piece out.

Shane Giggie

Reaction score
here is one for the books

went to check the ****** oil the other day and the tube must have sheared off about 25 - 30 cm down, heat from the turbo maybe ? not sure anyhow my problem is 1. getting the rest out from the break downwards and 2. sourcing another.
My bet bet would be to take the pieces to GMA engineering down the road and getting a new one made using the end piece with the grommit from the broken one. would be a lot cheaper thata new part.

Anyone ever heard of this happening before ? or tips on getting the other piece out.
I've heard it happening to oil dipsticks, probably get the dipstick from Mopar best bet.

Shane Giggie

Reaction score
Oh I see, well might still be able to get that at Mopar or in a junkyard.

Latest posts

Members online