dieisel lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny 1

Reaction score
just new to the forum and just wondering I have 2006 crd 4X4 and it came with a 2inch revtech spacer lift kit some people say its ok but some people say its not made for the crd ? whats the truth!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
(welcome) and somebody else will chime in later on.

Manny 1

Reaction score
I do go on some trails nothing too ******** more or less just want to know if im going to mess up suspension or front end etc etc

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your stock coils will rapidly sag. there fore loosing lift and ride quality. get OME when you can

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our first CRD was lifted with a RevTech. We added upgraded shocks (Rancho 5000 series, if I recall correctly). Shocks made a huge difference.

The lift was installed at Desert Rat Offroad in Mesa, AZ. They sold the lift there and when it was all over, they said that they would charge the next guy more. Since it was their 1st install on a CRD, they assumed it would be the same as any other KJ. Apparently, it wasn't.

Their biggest gripe had something to do with the location of the airbox. It had to be removed and wasn't all that easy, as they put it.

As far as how it wheeled: we loved it. I have attached a picture of where it puts the body in comparison to other lifts. We managed Rubi Rims with MTR's and a PS/Rock Ring on the rear, but I won't do it again. We laid out a lot of cash to mod our KJ back then and didn't wheel in enough places that called for such a radical change from stock.

Most of the "lifted" models in the pic were running 2.5" lift with 3.7 engines. Our CRD is the silver one next to the Red (Corwyn's) KJ. As you may notice, some of them are stock, some are lifted with Rene rims and some have Rubi's.

That particular day, we all did some very light mudding, and some flexing on a stump. None of us really needed the lifts. All the stock models kept up just fine.

Attachments

• lifts.jpg
    lifts.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 62

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
H&R makes a lift for the CRD as well, I have it. Unfortunately it is the only kit in North America nad you would have to source it from asupplierin Europe. 40mm or 1.5"

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Manny. Did you happen to buy it near Arizona? Is the color Silver? Are the front pinch welds shaved? Is there an antenna mount on the right rear quarter? If any of these apply, I may know something about it. I traded our '05 with about 17k WELL MAINTAINED miles on it in '08. Rev Tek kit was made for that model and was left on it when we traded.

Last edited: