Delay-Off Headlamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay15901

Reaction score
Apparently all the Jeep Liberty's have delay-off headlamps, I was unsure how to use them, and exactly what they are, can anyone help?

PS. great site and hope to use this site to help better my liberty, keep up the good work everyone!!!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you turn the switch for the headlamps to the off position after you shut off the motor, then the lights will remain off for a few extra minutes. I usually do that when I pull into the garage at night to give me plenty of light.

beau

Reaction score
Yes, I was wondering about this too beause I do not have the overhead console and could not figure out how to turn off this feature on the '06 I just purchased.

If I understand you correctly, then the lights won't stay on if you turn off the lights then turn off the engine. Is there any way to set the length of time that the lights stay on without the EVIC?

beau

Reaction score
I'm sure its in the manual, but I did not see it. How do yuou set it to off via the fob