DEH 4900 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the pics dont' work for some reason....but that's ok.
OK, first thing...have you checked to make sure that the harness you bought from wal-mart will definately plug into your factory plug that was plugged into the back of your factory radio? If so, then all you do is this:

Take the plug with open ends that came with the Pioneer, then take the harness that you bought from wal-mart and hook the two harnesses together. The wires should be color coded so that you can't mess it up...but, if they came with an explanation of which wires are what, go ahead and make sure that they are the same before you connect them. (they should be the same). So, basically, you connect the red wire of the Pioneer harness to the red wire of the wal-mart harness, black to black, yellow to yellow, etc. Speaker wire should be something like purple to purple, purple with black stripe to purple with black stripe, etc. etc. You get the idea. Once you've got the Pioneer harness connected to the wal-mart harness and everything is taped up real nice, just plug the wal-mart harness into the factory plug that WAS plugged into the factory radio, and the Pioneer harness into the back of the new Pioneer. Everything should work just the same as the factory did...but it'll sound way better once you get all the settings adjusted the way you want em.

BTW, you're gonna need an "antenna adapter" too....the antenna hole in the Pioneer is a different size than the factory. bestBuy has those for about $12 or so I think.

Hope that helps...remember, we're like Radio Shack...you've got questions, we've got answers. Only difference is our answers are correct most of the time.:D

Last edited:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i just saw the pic of the wal-mart harness.....that must be like a universal type of thing...it looks like there's 3 plugs when you only need 1. I guess you find the one that fits your factory plug and use that one, then cut the rest off? That sound right to anyone else?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you hook up the 'amp' wire if you have the premium system. Took me a sec to figure that one out.

Make sure it has a diagram to tell you what each wire does. My harness had tags on them to tell what most of them did.

Edit: I didnt cut any off. I left the other hanging around..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the walmart harness adapter. Just make sure you don't cut anything off. I have like a street fair in there, with all the cables and wires, it is crazy back there.

Latest posts

Members online