Dead Pedal / left foot rest pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomjonesrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread back in March on this I found in a search that I tried to revive without success so I guess I'll start a new one. Wanted to see if anyone had pics of the left footrests/dead pedals they created for the KJ. Going to undertake this little project myself and wanted to see what others came up with.

Thanks!

MNMiata

Reaction score
Let us know!

I was interested in this too since the dead pedal area provided is a bit too far away and not in a really comfortable usable position. I was hoping to find a usable item at the salvage yard that would look stock and be more useful.

Just FYI, the stock dead pedal area is backed by a contoured block of styrofoam... that's it. So any replacement pedal will need some bracing to make it secure.

Please post what you come up with!

loganomar

Reaction score
I know the thread is super old but today I just installed a dead pedal on mine. I bought a Wrangler one and adapted it to fit my 2007 Liberty

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave up on that idea. I couldn't find a suitable mounting. I would love to see pictures.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't work for me since where a dead pedal would go is where I have the floor mounted dimmer switch .

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKs
No pics yet , but be like old time high and low beam only one way will turn on fogs, other way the long range Hella's . Will be able to use either with low or high beams .

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't work for me since where a dead pedal would go is where I have the floor mounted dimmer switch .

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKs
No pics yet , but be like old time high and low beam only one way will turn on fogs, other way the long range Hella's . Will be able to use either with low or high beams .

Tom, I love that idea. That spot has always just seemed to be wasted space - having a way to get power to the offroad lights is brilliant.

I'll be watching... ;)

Bob

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKs

I miss that type of switch. My 89 Ford pickup had it.