David and Goliath...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Honda and Crossfire are always garaged while the TJ and the KJ sleep in the driveway. The Honda went to the shop this afternoon, so I pulled the KJ in the garage for one night.

So... does the Crossfire makes the Liberty look big OR does the Liberty make the Crossfire look small.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

You must be registered for see images

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Crossfire makes KJ look big.

Wait, the KJ is pretty big.

KJ makes Crossfire look small.

Wait, the Crossfire is pretty small.

lol3.gif

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you pay more a year for those plates then i do so my wallet looks BIG
LOL... it ALL depends on HOW big of a wallet you start out with!!! Here are two more to make your wallet LOOK bigger. I guess I'm really broke now.... :p

In Arizona we pay $25.00 a year for vanity plates on top of the regular registration fee and value tax. When the Crossfire was new, it cost me $635.00 to put plates on it. Luckily it goes down each year. Tags for the '94 Civic were $78.00 last year. I think they have just about gone as low as they can....

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put that little honda in the garage and leave the Kj outside? Why?
Several reasons...

- I don't have a home with a three or four car garage for my fleet
- see the shine on the Civic... it's a 14 year old car with 165k miles on the clock and in pristine condition
- the '95 Civic (which is the same as a '94) is the #1 stolen car in the U.S. and #2 in Arizona... I'd like to keep it
- it's my very economical daily driver

...so that's why it's garaged.

Anyway, while the Liberty is a well maintained vehicle, it's not a long term keeper. It's the wife's daily driver and sees it share of off road trails. I don't see me keeping it much more than five or six years or it even mechanicaly lasting near as long as the Civic... so it sits outside with the TJ. Afterall, it is a JEEP.... :D

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a lot ah cars there!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The liberty would probably last as long as the honda.

Weve got a 94Grand with 162k on it and it towed a boat most of its life.

2003KJ

Reaction score
The liberty would probably last as long as the honda.

Weve got a 94Grand with 162k on it and it towed a boat most of its life.

Yes, but that's with the tried and true 4.0. Don't get me wrong, love the KJ and the 3.7 is a fantastic motor, but those four oh's are damn near bullet proof!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KJ makes the crossfire look "short".

As to parking I would keep the TJ in the garage with the crossfire because it is topless. I would sell the red thing if they are in demand and then you should get a good price for it and get a bike for commuting since you should be able to ride all year in Arizona. That's just what I would do anyway.

By the way, nice Crossfire. I do believe it should be a classic one day especially since they're not going to make any more of them. I believe they were limited production also. They will get to a point where they will start to appreciate.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^

Dave... the TJ has a bikini top and windjammer. With only 7.0 inches of rain a year, I just pull up the seats and pull them forward, what water gets in is not an issue. The drain plugs work great. It was never meant to be pampered.

:eek: Sell the little red racing Honda??? No way!!! It's way too good of a car. Yes, it is a very popular car. The boy racers out here would snatch it up in a minute. I have six people wanting to buy it, including the counter guy at the Honda garage I use. Kelly Blue Book lists it for $3,070 and I've been offered as high as $6,500. Besides, riding a bike 34 miles one way to work after working 10-12 hours, is too much for my old bones, especialy during our 6-7 month long summers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the comments on the Crossfire, but it will be a loooong time before they (if ever) become a classic. It's a red headed stepchild being a beefed up Mercedes-Benz SLK 320 in a Chrysler designed body, which never should of been given to Chrysler to sell in the first place. It should of been sold as an entry level Mercedes Benz, just below the SLK 350. Then maybe they would of sold better and we would have had someone who knows how to work on them (MB dealers won't touch them), because the dummies at Chrysler don't know and don't care to know.

With an original MSRP of $35,000 and the SRT 6 version at $45,000, the car bearing a Chrysler nameplate, along with little or no marketing, kept people away, not to mention the crappy service from Chrysler/Jeep dealers (you haven't seen anything until it comes to the service we get for the Crossfire).

As for how many built... yes, they are a limited production car. Daimler-Chrysler was contracted with Karmann Coachworks in Osnabruck, Germany for five years, to build only 100,000 units for world wide sale (80% to be sold here in the U.S. and the other 20% overseas). Because of slow sales, just over 80,000 have been built. It's an impractical car for most people, but a fun, fast, little car with a top speed of 154 mph which holds the road like a race car, that you want to own, not because you need a car....

Build Number... 02815

Oh, and my dream car you ask??? It's a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. Donations towards the MSRP of $450,000 will be greatly appreciated.... :)

Last edited:

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aj i am with you on the SLR. i would even settle for an SLK 55 AMG

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As ole Jack Burton would say... "May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!!!" but all that patriotic stuff aside... this is my dream car...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would never park some little crap Honda in the garage when you have two Jeeps sitting outside, wait I would never own a little crap Honda

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never park some little crap Honda in the garage when you have two Jeeps sitting outside, wait I would never own a little crap Honda

your meen...

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice SI, I personally wouldn't mind having one myself but not with those old school rims and bolt on fart can. You put it to shame, if mine looked like that I would want to hide it in the garage as well.

Ditch the cross dresser and throw some real money into the honda.

2003KJ

Reaction score
nice SI, I personally wouldn't mind having one myself but not with those old school rims and bolt on fart can. You put it to shame, if mine looked like that I would want to hide it in the garage as well.

Ditch the cross dresser and throw some real money into the honda.

Dude, way to put down the man's ride. While you may not like it, don't think slamming it like that was real appropriate.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....this thread is going downhill.

While I don't like the foreign brands, mostly because I am a Patriot after working for my Uncle, slamming them is just not appropriate. Especially since people have their reasons for owning what they have.

Anyway slamming people or things over the internet just brings out "the coward behind the keyboard."

Dave