Dashboard Tweeters/Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markwalker

Reaction score
Hi there I want to change my factory dashboard tweeters/speakers. I understand they are 2.5" in size but I'm finding it easier to find Rocking Horse S*** than this size speaker :mad3:

Anyone have any recommendations please, I live in the UK.

Cheers

Mark

markwalker

Reaction score
I thought the tweeters were 2.5"?

I have already replaced the speakers in the front door.

GJJ

Reaction score
It's one of the things were they say will fit and what will fit are different things. They say there 3-1/2" but 3-1/2" will not fit. I found these as a direct replacement for the dash speakers.

PowerBass Autosound S-275CH Chrysler / Jeep Full Range OEM Replacement Speaker | PowerBass USA

Amazon link to buy if ya want to

All ya need to do wire them up and that is easy to do (I cheated and spliced the old connector from the bad ones to the new ones so they were plug and play). Hope this helps.. *Edit* Forget to mention I have a 05 liberty with the Infinity system but I don't think that will matter..

Last edited:

markwalker

Reaction score
Hey GJJ that's a great help and thanks for the Amazon link, hopefully they will post to the UK

markwalker

Reaction score
Are those speakers the same as the factory fitted tweeters or are they a better quality speaker?

GJJ

Reaction score
They seem to be made of better material, but are the same quality, at least I noticed no difference in sound, was just glad to have the passenger side working again.. Now keep in mind I still have the factory sound system set up so it does limit the performance of these speakers..
The problem you will find is locating speakers that size, the hole pattern for the screws, and the fit because the location for the speaker can't be to thick or else it hits things.
Now if you wanted to modify for some better speakers/tweeter you can look at this posting here from the forums for a mounting option Click Here

nopressure0

Reaction score
I bought 4" pioneers and went to town with a dremel...worked like a charm and nothing structural was cut..
You must be registered for see images

markwalker

Reaction score
I have purchased a set of tweeters that come with crossovers, do I need to connect these if I'm using the existing wiring loom?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I buy I'm going to get the components and tweeters together, along with a crossover so everything is funky fresh. ;)

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's one of the things were they say will fit and what will fit are different things. They say there 3-1/2" but 3-1/2" will not fit. I found these as a direct replacement for the dash speakers.

PowerBass Autosound S-275CH Chrysler / Jeep Full Range OEM Replacement Speaker | PowerBass USA

Amazon link to buy if ya want to

All ya need to do wire them up and that is easy to do (I cheated and spliced the old connector from the bad ones to the new ones so they were plug and play). Hope this helps.. *Edit* Forget to mention I have a 05 liberty with the Infinity system but I don't think that will matter..

good choice i have a set in my WJ and they sound great

brando26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having issues removing the A pillar handle bolts. I keep seeing T25 Torx, but mine is just a regular bolt, metric sockets thing wall and standard thin wall sockets wont fit. Its driving me nuts. Anybody have different info other than t25 because that doesnt apply to my 06 liberty limited with infinity system.
Trying to install some Alptine type r tweeters.