Damn joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem

Got my new tie rod end in today after ripping the boot to shreds with a pickle fork. Next problem I think I unseated my shaft because something isn't right.

You must be registered for see images

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's supposed to be like that. Put it on the ground and got 22 and 21.5 inches in the front. I'm going to take it apart and throw a third clevis on each side. It's not torqued anyway.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to do a 3 ring clevis but I didn't like how much of the strut was left in the clevis so I left it at two. Got rid of the washer completely but now the UCA joint has a loose in it and makes a rattle. I guess I need to place the washer above the nut?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to do a 3 ring clevis but I didn't like how much of the strut was left in the clevis so I left it at two. Got rid of the washer completely but now the UCA joint has a loose in it and makes a rattle. I guess I need to place the washer above the nut?
Yes and use a cotter pin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got some major corrosion going on under there also.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Or there at all.

Maybe I'm just too literal? My instructions said "... install washer if supplied only if a washer is on the car as original equipment."

That and the cotter pin lining up without it pretty much removed any doubt.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my suspension is done but I got other problems. Thanks everyone for your help! While underneath I noticed a bad brake hose and decided to change both. When I came to bleed the lines I broke off the bleeder valve because of the rust, Doh!

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Got brakes done too. All I need is my alignement. Thankyou for everyone's ecouragement and help!

Before

After

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nicely done! One thing. Do you have extended front bumpstops to add to that?

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eagle eyes

Nicely done! One thing. Do you have extended front bumpstops to add to that?

Good spot Czar. I do have some Teraflex bumpstops to put on along with Rubi rims a Goodyear Duratracks.