CVs and intermediate shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StageHand

Reaction score
I am wanting to put an OME lift on my 07 Liberty w/ 170k on original suspension.....I know,wayyyyy past due. I got to thinking...dangerous I know,...that I should just go ahead and replace the CVs, immediate shaft and all bushings since I will be in there anyway.
I have read that Napa CVs are recommended (TomMudd). Just curious if it a price thing or a quality thing. I have not found the intermediate shaft on Napas site. I have also noticed a wide range in prices for the CVs...any reason?
Any thoughts / recommendations are appreciated.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For the intermediate shaft check eBay. Should be around $110 give or take.

For the CVs, get the reman ones. Best quality. New ones are China made and usually not the right length.

StageHand

Reaction score
I am trying to get my parts list together and ordered so I can...hopefully....have what I need all at once.
Are there any bolts, nuts, pieces parts that are ruined on removal etc that anyone knows that I should have on hand? There is a high likelihood that another vehicle will not be available for that "parts run" at least to keep the project in my timeline.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks HoosierJeeper
By the way did you move? Wisconsin is a fer piece from Hoosierland.
Yeah! Actually was in FL for a bit, got the KJ there and that's where it spent most of its life and then moved up to WI back in 2011.

For bolts and stuff...the only one I've snapped is a sway bar end link bolt. Someone else might have a better idea if they've worked on more KJs.