CV axle/Inner axle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aredub78

Reaction score
When I removed my right cv axle the inner shaft came out with it. Now something is preventing it from going back into place.

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I removed my right cv axle the inner shaft came out with it. Now something is preventing it from going back into place.
Try lifting the inner CV (intermediate shaft) so it is in the center of the axle tube as you slide it in. There is a lip on the diff side that the shaft has to clear. After that, the snap ring should seat properly.

nolakj

Reaction score
Was wondering if the new stub shaft should have any lube or anti seize applied when replacing? Same with the new cv (any lube or anti seize?).

nolakj

Reaction score
Lube will help the splines engage, wouldn't recommend antiseize for that application though.

If by "cv", you mean the joint, it should be packed with suitable grease.
I mean the new pass side cv axle where it couples with the stub shaft or inner axle shaft that’s poking out of the diff. Should those seals and bearings be done at the same time?