Custom front bumper in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was posted by the fella with the rusted out KJ with the green tube bumper.

He calls it the Liberator.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hedsic when did you become the almighty judge of everyone over on its a kj thing? I seem to recall you being an active member until you traded for a Jk... To each his own in the world of jeeps man... Stephen obviously likes his kj and the way it looks and or performs for HIM... Not for you and your NEGATIVE judgement... Your starting to act as bad as a Honda driver... Since you got a high and mighty(insert sarcasm here) jk

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happy175:

C'mon Joe - haven't you caught on yet? If it's not an Ironman/OME set up with Duratracs and anything Rocklizard you just don't fit in around here :whip:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hedsic when did you become the almighty judge of everyone over on its a kj thing? I seem to recall you being an active member until you traded for a Jk... To each his own in the world of jeeps man... Stephen obviously likes his kj and the way it looks and or performs for HIM... Not for you and your NEGATIVE judgement... Your starting to act as bad as a Honda driver... Since you got a high and mighty(insert sarcasm here) jk

HAHAHAHA Hey now, Why do I get singled out here out of everyone? I think it's hilarious that someone even said it had something to do with me owning a wrangler now :happy175::happy175: WHILE i'm on a Liberty forum that I support non the less... I s that like a race thing only with Jeep models?

I was kicked off It's a KJ Thing for the record. about 3 hours after posting I traded the KJ for a JK actually. I just didn't care that I was booted so I didn't make a deal about it. A Jeep is a Jeep to me I could care less what model someone has. Nothing but love, man. I love all Jeeps, Even the ones that look like they was built by a 16 year old who watched Fast and Furious one to many times.

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rig is in the shop having a custom front bumper fabricated. The guys do a ton of custom Jeep bumpers but this will be their first KJ. I asked for a hitch (going to go with a hitch receiver winch mount so I don't have to have the winch mounted all the time and can switch from front to rear, once I save up the $$ for all that goodness of course!), D - ring mounts and a stinger. Can't wait to see what they come up with. Pictures to follow.

I'm sorry smittyfromPA, I totaly ruined your thread. That was my fault there.

Guys, Lets move this all over to the dedicate section for what we see on "It's a KJ Thing" so we can stop ruining Lancers thread any further.

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I know the girl who drives that kj with the stinger. I've seen it in person at a jeep meet and I just don't understand it. The sad part is she lives like a half hour from me and I see it driving around now and again.

Does she have that STUPID sticker that says ''Silly Boys, Jeeps are for Girls."?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happy175:

C'mon Joe - haven't you caught on yet? If it's not an Ironman/OME set up with Duratracs and anything Rocklizard you just don't fit in around here :whip:

I know there is sacrasim here im guessing but still, if you read your signature all the parts you listed...... you have??? I see you have brought this up a couple different times about OME, Ironman and Duratracs but yet you still run those same things, so im a little confused... :shrug:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is sacrasim here im guessing but still, if you read your signature all the parts you listed...... you have??? I see you have brought this up a couple different times about OME, Ironman and Duratracs but yet you still run those same things, so im a little confused... :shrug:

X2^^^^^^

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He's just trying to start stuff it looks like.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not knocking the set up - it's definitely the way to go. It's the attitude that certain prominent people on this forum have if you suggest anything otherwise. Everything else is crap, and you're an idiot if you dare run anything else. Their advice is spot on, but they have an elitist way of wording it. It's comical actually....to me anyways

He's just trying to start stuff it looks like.

Why...I would NEVER!!

Last edited:

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried...yet!

I guess I should have given better instructions than "I don't want it too big like an ARB but not too small either. You guys are the experts and I'm sure you will come up with something good."

Having said that, I do have faith in this shop. They fabricate great stuff for all other models of Jeeps so I'm hoping for the best. The owner did say he would show me some CAD drawings before anything is welded on so I'm waiting to hear from him.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bonus!

I received the email from my dealer today for the N46 recall (parts are in) so I'll be dropping my heavily rusted rear hitch and getting a brand new Mopar one installed. Whenever i see my rig again. Been in the shop going on 3 weeks....

Last edited:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the email from my dealer today for the N46 recall (parts are in) so I'll be dropping my heavily rusted rear hitch and getting a brand new Mopar one installed. Whenever i see my rig again. Been in the shop going on 3 weeks....

If it was a factory installed hitch that won't work as it will show up as you already have one on your VIN

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No bumper after all

It appears that after 5 weeks with my rig I wont have a new front bumper. I got a complete brake overhaul/rebuild with new SS lines but I cant leave the vehicle any longer for the bumper design. Shop is overbooked (?) Anyway, now I'm thinking of going with the ARB bumper and having someone else install it. Probably not until after hunting season now. :-(
:blah:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that after 5 weeks with my rig I wont have a new front bumper. I got a complete brake overhaul/rebuild with new SS lines but I cant leave the vehicle any longer for the bumper design. Shop is overbooked (?) Anyway, now I'm thinking of going with the ARB bumper and having someone else install it. Probably not until after hunting season now. :-(
:blah:
There is nothing wrong with a ARB bumper,it's very well made and looks good on the KJ.Install is easy but having a 2nd person to help is almost needed but a must need if your putting a winch in it.

Latest posts

Members online