Curious-what is in your KJ toolkit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep Tool Kit

Sockets – Jeep Bag

Jillions - Edit out for this post

Extra

5/8” – Spark plug

34mm PCV Socket

3/8” Extensions:

--1-3/4., 2-1/2 , 5-1/2., 8-1/4

3/8” Handle

3/8” to ¼” adapter

3/8” to 1/2” adapter

3/8” Swivel

½” Swivel

24” Breaker Bar

Torque Wrench

Hand Tools – Big Bag

6” Crescent Wrench

8” Crescent Wrench

10” Crescent Wrench

12” Crescent Wrench

8” Channel Lock Pliers

Claw Hammer

Needle-Nose Pliers

Slip-Joint Pliers

Side Cutting Pliers

Utility Knife – small

Metric Hex Key Set

SAE Hex Key Set

Torx Hex Key Set

Metric Hex Keys – small

SAE Hex Keys – small

Flashlight - Snakelight

Flashlight – LED – small

Brushes – small

Gloves – assorted

Small Saw w/ Extra Blades

Combo Wrenches

Jillions

Screwdrivers

4-Way

Phillips – Lg, Sm, Stubby

Flat-Tip – Lg, Sm, Stubby, 12”

Nutdriver Socket and Assorted Tips

– Flat, Phillips

Square, Torx, Hex,

Security Hex

Electrical – Big Bag

Multimeter

OBD-II Scanner

Fuses, pack of mini

Fuses, pack of large

Trailer Wiring Tester

Spare Bulbs:

- Headlight

- backup

Wire

Extra CB Antenna base

Misc– Small Bag

Tire Patch Kit

Hose Clamps – Assorted

Bungies – Small Bag

2 – 10”

2 – 18”

2 – 24”

2 – 32”

2 – 40”

Ammo Case - 1

Pump – Gear Oil

Pump – ATF +4

Need:

More Spare Fuses – Under Hood Size

More Wire Connectors

--Spade & Ring Lugs

--Squeeze Connectors

Wire Strippers

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Some ordinary tools,5l H2O,Mosquito Repeller,tow strap,a lot of diesel,a German Shepherd and *** ;)
Nice first post, and much more creative spam than we usually get here.

*TC Edited your post Prof , Spammer toast & removed the *** spammed link.

ELPASOSTRONG

Reaction score
As I continue rebuilding and outfitting my 07, I have become curious as to what sort of Items you folks keep in your Jeep for those time you gotta MacGuyver to get home.

I always have a pair of Knipex water heater pliers, a six way screwdriver, a swivel head ratchet, the common socket sizes and extensions, and a multimeter. All that and some duct tape, electrical tape, and some side cutters along with fuses and splices were all I needed to fix most issues with the Bug. Well, that and a few quarts of oil and zip ties too.

Any suggestions to add to this for the KJ? Air compressor? Jump pack? Jumper cables? Tow strap? Never needed any of that with the bug as I could pop the clutch and push it myself if I had to.

It depends on location and what you use it for. I only use mine to pull my bikes and off roading. I have jerry cans with extra gas, jumper cables, air compressor - after airing down, recovery rope, traction boards - which I have yet to use lol, hi lift jack, standard socket set with electrical tape and pliers and my hi pointe 9mm. Yes I know its not the best brand lol but it shoots fine with good ammo

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
It depends on location and what you use it for. I only use mine to pull my bikes and off roading. I have jerry cans with extra gas, jumper cables, air compressor - after airing down, recovery rope, traction boards - which I have yet to use lol, hi lift jack, standard socket set with electrical tape and pliers and my hi pointe 9mm. Yes I know its not the best brand lol but it shoots fine with good ammo
I don’t get too wild terrain wise, but I end up in the literal middle of nowhere on a pretty regular basis. I picked up traction boards, but mostly to use as work surfaces while I’m sampling in the field!

KeithKj02

Reaction score
As I continue rebuilding and outfitting my 07, I have become curious as to what sort of Items you folks keep in your Jeep for those time you gotta MacGuyver to get home.

I always have a pair of Knipex water heater pliers, a six way screwdriver, a swivel head ratchet, the common socket sizes and extensions, and a multimeter. All that and some duct tape, electrical tape, and some side cutters along with fuses and splices were all I needed to fix most issues with the Bug. Well, that and a few quarts of oil and zip ties too.

Any suggestions to add to this for the KJ? Air compressor? Jump pack? Jumper cables? Tow strap? Never needed any of that with the bug as I could pop the clutch and push it myself if I had to.
Oil change and wheel change kit . Towing cables jumper cables

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
LabRat what brand of hitch is it? I assume its a square 2.5 inch receiver?

I spent a ton of time under the Jeep today...and remembered this question. My phone case was really, really greasy....so didn't get a clear picture, however, I am fairly certain this is the receiver(or an after market clone someone slapped on:
You must be registered for see images attach

This image was grabbed from the web, listed as :
Mopar Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2002-2007 Liberty KJ
Item: 82213554
Manufacturer: Mopar

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
They did seem to change the hitch some what over the years.
My 04 Mopar has the boxed electrical area, where my flat pin is protected.
3 grade 8 bolts per side, do you have the gas tank skid plate?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
They did seem to change the hitch some what over the years.
My 04 Mopar has the boxed electrical area, where my flat pin is protected.
3 grade 8 bolts per side, do you have the gas tank skid plate?
I have the skid plate, but it was badly rusted out and sitting on the back seat when I bought it. Not enough left of it to weld repair/ restore.
The connection box was never installed or removed. I’m suspect of this hitch as it has short mounting points, 2 bolts to a side…which if I read properly is likely the cheap fix to the “Pinto Mode” of the KJs.

Then again, I may be wrong about the skid plate, it may have been replaced. I’ll try to take a look here in a bit before today’s 115 degree heat index kicks in.

Latest posts

Members online