CRD Intake Elbow Kit - Deletes EGR, FCV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a small J shaped bracket that the tube sits in on the back of the cylinder head. Pull up on the EGR tube and it will pop out of the J bracket. The bracket can stay, no need to remove it.

Hi Seth,

I have now managed to remove that EGR Tube. It was no small job. I couldn't reach the higher bolt that fits that Tube to the EGR valve from above or under the Jeep as it is too close to the engine block. So I decided to drill through the Tube just before the flange. I started with 5mm hole then got bigger and bigger until I could put a Hacksaw blade through the hole and I managed to cut what was left of it that way.

Once that done I realized that Tube was broken at the exhaust Manifold end so the part that fits that tube in the V-clamp was still with the clamp at the Manifold. That must be the reason why I lost my Turbo boost last week.

I then removed the complete EGR valve but bizarre enough it is not exactly like the one you show in your install pictures.
I will put pictures of all the parts I removed on your site.

Also there are only 2 big cooling hoses that go to the EGR Valve. One from the cylinder head to the EGR Valve and the other from the EGR valve to the Top of the engine. There was no small cooling hoses connected to the EGR Valve.

I plugged the hole in the cylinder head with the bolt and copper washer and blue loctite once that hose and fitting were removed.

Anyway all this junk is out now Thank God for that !

Also on my Jeep there is no Y junction as such between cooling hoses. Mine are solid steel tube and the T junction is not removable as it is part of a long steel tube. I will have to cut it at each end and connect a bit of cooling hose today.

I will let you know when the engine is running.

Last edited:

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seth,

I finished the job, re-installed everything and refilled with coolant and started the engine.

I knew I would get an engine light but I also have the Throttle body red icon flashing in the dash so I connected my OBDII and my Tablet with the Torque App and I've got a list of faults that I didn't have before.

P0102 Mass or Volume AirFlow circuit Low Input.
P1189 Engine oil Pressure (EOP) switch Circuit
P0299 Powertrain
P1186 EOT Circuit Performance

I cleared the fault Log from the ECU with Torque and carried out another Scan and got:
P1140 HO2S Transition time Ratio Bank 1 Sensor 2.

The engine light and the Flashing Throttle Body icon are still there.

If you or someone who has done this work knows why I get all this and what I can do to get rid of the Flashing Throttle icon I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Seth,

I have now managed to remove that EGR Tube. It was no small job. I couldn't reach the higher bolt that fits that Tube to the EGR valve from above or under the Jeep as it is too close to the engine block. So I decided to drill through the Tube just before the flange. I started with 5mm hole then got bigger and bigger until I could put a Hacksaw blade through the hole and I managed to cut what was left of it that way.

Once that done I realized that Tube was broken at the exhaust Manifold end so the part that fits that tube in the V-clamp was still with the clamp at the Manifold. That must be the reason why I lost my Turbo boost last week.

I then removed the complete EGR valve but bizarre enough it is not exactly like the one you show in your install pictures.
I will put pictures of all the parts I removed on your site.

Also there are only 2 big cooling hoses that go to the EGR Valve. One from the cylinder head to the EGR Valve and the other from the EGR valve to the Top of the engine. There was no small cooling hoses connected to the EGR Valve.

I plugged the hole in the cylinder head with the bolt and copper washer and blue loctite once that hose and fitting were removed.

Anyway all this junk is out now Thank God for that !

Also on my Jeep there is no Y junction as such between cooling hoses. Mine are solid steel tube and the T junction is not removable as it is part of a long steel tube. I will have to cut it at each end and connect a bit of cooling hose today.

I will let you know when the engine is running.

There are differences between the USA models and the Export CRD models as far as the EGR is concerned...glend from Australia did a good writeup on this on Lostjeeps I think.

I will try and lookup your current problems and see if I can assist.:shrug:

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are differences between the USA models and the Export CRD models as far as the EGR is concerned...glend from Australia did a good writeup on this on Lostjeeps I think.

I will try and lookup your current problems and see if I can assist.:shrug:

Thanks for the Tip Bill I will search for his posts on LOST :handshake:

Jetman46

Reaction score
Seth,
I live in Arizona and we have to due emissions tests. I have the GDE eco tune and get through with it. If I install stage 1 & 2 do you think I would still pass the emission test?
Thanks

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say with a high degree of certainty, but I can tell you we have customers in all 50 states, including many in Arizona, and I have not heard of any not passing.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that there is a problem with the egr clogging up. Why not fix the reason for it clogging up verses deleting the egr?

It clogs do to all the pcv oil that pass thru the turbo that finds its way back into the intake than adds all that extra carbon to the exhaust which finds its way to the egr. Where it builds till it clogs it up. My mom had a liberty with the diesel. Seams like every 6 months I was pulling the egr to clean it out.
I ended up running the pcv tube to a catch can to catch the oil. Then ran a line from the catch can back to the inlet side of the turbo to continue to pull the blow by back out. Empty the catch can every other month. For 3 years after that I never had to clean the egr again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jpparker

Reaction score
After staying put for 6 months, the short blue hose has come off of the intake manifold twice in the last 2 days. Too much oil in the CAC hose. What gives?

jpparker

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I've heard of people trying different clamps. The oil might be some of what accumulated in the CAC. Also heard of folks using spray adhesive or hairspray on the cleaned surfaces the hose clamps to.

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After staying put for 6 months, the short blue hose has come off of the intake manifold twice in the last 2 days. Too much oil in the CAC hose. What gives?

jpparker

John, I replied to your email with some suggestions. Please get in touch with me if you continue to have issues.

-Seth

Git It Garage

Reaction score
Git it Garage weeks kit install

here is our video of the weeks kit stage 1+2 install (link below)
We hope you find this video informational and helpful if you plan to do this upgrade on your vehicle (we highly recommend you do)
If you have any questions or comment or anything to add please leave a comment on the videos !
Please subscribe while your on our page Thanks! and Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSya1Rk-YGoFove7vxQeDXzWDfgjsagPM

Members online

No members online now.