CRD Intake Elbow Kit - Deletes EGR, FCV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeyT

Reaction score
HI on my 2005 CRD the EGR cooler is leaking antifreeze badly. I am ordering the delet kit for it. Can I bypass the coolant lines temporaily to get it back on the road until the kit is delivered ? Thanks .

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI on my 2005 CRD the EGR cooler is leaking antifreeze badly. I am ordering the delet kit for it. Can I bypass the coolant lines temporaily to get it back on the road until the kit is delivered ? Thanks .
Depending on where the leak is, you might be able to bypass the cooler using a series of small hose barbs and clamps, but to access you'll be doing much of the work required to install our kit. Getting the factory elbow off (and especially back on) is a huge pain in the butt.

We can do next day shipping upon request.

Last edited:

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a 3.7 gunk up?

Like that 4 cyl did? Just curious. I'd like to have something like that if it does. Wouldn't want my CEL on all the time though. How would I know when another code gets thrown?

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Chris

No, it didn't trigger any warning lights at all. BUT remember that I've had the GDE FT Ecotune installed for over 2 years now, and that tune also reduces EGR function to a minimum and prevents the system throwing codes/warnings related to that function, so I can't say what it would do on yours. I can say that the guys in Aus who also have the export spec like ours and who simply blanked off the EGR didn't have any dash lights triggered. I'll have to dig out the receipt; the kit sat in the shed for a few months after I bought it before I got round to having it fitted.

Update: ok Chris, found the info. Cost of the kit in Sterling was £146 plus the sterling conversion fee of about £4.50. I had it sent by UPS (I think) and that added about £22.00 which included import. I've rounded up the odd pence! Hope this helps.

Adrian

Hello Adrian,

First please accept my apologies for taking 13 months to reply to you. Lots of things happened to me at the time or just after (not so good ones) and I got completely side tracked and forgot our exchange of messages.

I won't go into details but basically I re-started thinking about the "Weeks Kit" only few weeks ago and noticed there would be a $25 discount on orders made today Friday 27th November as it is the so called "Black Friday".

So I just completed my order for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 and I look forward to fit them on my KJ.

I will write back once this is done.

All the best,

Chris

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look forward to hearing!

I know about stuff happening, so I hope the issues or problems are sorted. Good luck.

Adrian

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look forward to hearing!

I know about stuff happening, so I hope the issues or problems are sorted. Good luck.

Adrian

Thanks for the friendly word Adrian.

Could you tell me how long it took from the date of your order to the date of the delivery of your EGR kit please, if you remember.

I am asking you this because I placed my order on 27th Nov, the parcel arrived in London Heathrow on 2nd Dec and since then absolutely nothing.

On 10th Dec I emailed Seth at Sasquatchparts to explain the situation. He kindly checked for me with USPS and said that they confirmed the package is in customs and it's common for the tracking to not get updated, particularly for shipments to the United Kingdom.

According to Seth because it is is an economy service the delivery time for Europe, Australia and New Zealand is estimated at 3 to 6 weeks.

I've made dozens of orders from the US to the UK and quite few were with USPS and I've never experienced anything like this.

How was it for you Adrian?

Last edited:

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

No need to be concerned. International economy shipments to the U.K. can take 3-6 weeks for delivery, and it's also the holiday season. We are well within that time frame for delivery. That said, I am personally keeping an eye on your shipment.

Adrian usually requests FedEx when he orders from us, as that is his preference, but he also pays extra for that service.

More shipping info can be found here: https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/shipping/

Thanks again for your business.

Seth

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Seth said - I usually request Fedex because while I've had some stuff through USPS come quite quickly, more expensive stuff has taken up to 4 or 5 weeks, and it seems to disappear into a customs/post office black hole. Fedex takes no more than a week and sometimes less, and they pay the import duties and I just pay them. Its more expensive, but has better peace of mind; I've had stuff arrive through USPS that looks like its been repeatedly dropkicked across the room while Fedex delivers in an immaculate condition.

Adrian

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

No need to be concerned. International economy shipments to the U.K. can take 3-6 weeks for delivery, and it's also the holiday season. We are well within that time frame for delivery. That said, I am personally keeping an eye on your shipment.

Adrian usually requests FedEx when he orders from us, as that is his preference, but he also pays extra for that service.

More shipping info can be found here: https://shop.sasquatchparts.com/shipping/

Thanks again for your business.

Seth

Hi Seth,

I am not having a go at you here I am only trying to be constructive because If I had known that you had different shipping options I would have also picked FedEx.

So I just tried your website again and selected the same items then I went to the Shopping Cart and there is no other option that the International Economy.

I know you are going to tell me that I should have selected the shipping Tab on the Top of the page before ordering then I would have known there are other shipping options including FedEx if the customer contacts you for a quote before ordering.

Please let me suggest to make small changes to your website so when customers are in the Shopping Cart they can see there are different shipping options because the way the site is designed at the moment this is not obvious.

Especially when the Customer finds out in the Fine print of the shipping Tab this:

We cannot guarantee international shipments and cannot reship orders that appear lost/missing through domestic or foreign carriers.

We are not responsible for delays or loss in customs, domestic or foreign. International delivery is entirely at customer’s own risk.

So you know why after reading that I am a bit concerned. All I am hoping for is that my parcel does not get too damaged like Adrian said or worse disappears completely.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback Chris. We will take your suggestions into consideration.

I am confident your order will arrive on-time and undamaged. We take great care to pack all shipments so they arrive in one piece.

The fine print is more-or-less boiler plate and is only there to protect us from fraudsters. All shipments are insured for loss and damage.

Thanks,
Seth

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback Chris. We will take your suggestions into consideration.

I am confident your order will arrive on-time and undamaged. We take great care to pack all shipments so they arrive in one piece.

The fine print is more-or-less boiler plate and is only there to protect us from fraudsters. All shipments are insured for loss and damage.

Thanks,
Seth

Thanks for telling me this Seth. I will let you know as soon as my parcel has been delivered.

In the meantime Merry Christmas to you !

Chris

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Chris, just wanted to let you know I made some changes on our web site to make our international shipping options a bit more clear.

Did you get a chance to install the kit yet? If so, I hope you're enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris, just wanted to let you know I made some changes on our web site to make our international shipping options a bit more clear.

Did you get a chance to install the kit yet? If so, I hope you're enjoying it so far.

Hi Seth,

Yes I had a look at your site and I think it's a good thing to have made this little update. That still gives buyers a last chance to go for different Shipping options once they started the Checkout process.

Funny enough I was planning to start installing your Kits this weekend and last Tuesday on my way to work on the Motorway/Highway all of a sudden I lost the Turbo Boost power. I could carry on driving but the Turbo was not doing its job anymore and I could feel and hear a repetitive clung-clung noise when the engine was above 2500/3000 rpm.

Friday I started investigating the cause and found code P0401 which is EGR Flow insufficient detected. I removed the exhaust pipe and the CAC Hose from each ends of the Turbo and checked both propellers but they seem to be ok with no play or damage so I am still debating what could be the cause.
Btw I noticed that the CAC hose was very oily inside but not sure what to do about this.

I started installing kit Stage 1 Saturday morning and I must admit I spent quite some time removing the FCV and the old intake elbow bolts with my limited tools but I got there at the end and fitted the new Intake manifold adapter. I also removed the EGR Tube to EGR Valve.
I did not complete the install of Kit 1 because I've got Kit 2 to fit and I thought it would be a good idea to remove the EGR Valve first.

As instructed in the Stage 2 Install I went to loosen the V-band clamp at the rear of the exhaust manifold to free the EGR Tube and despite that I couldn't see that Tube properly I've got the feeling it was already off the V-band clamp.
Do you think this EGR Tube could be responsible for the sudden lack of boost ? It would also explain the clung clung noise if that pipe was loose.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think this EGR Tube could be responsible for the sudden lack of boost ? It would also explain the clung clung noise if that pipe was loose.

Chris,

It's possible. The exhaust-side EGR tube is known to crack, break and leak.

When doing the Stage 2 install, a tip is to secure our manifold cap using the v-band clamp from the intake side EGR tube. The exhaust side clamp tends to be in pretty bad shape after being exposed to high temps and corrosion over the last 10+ years. The intake side clamp tends to be in a lot better condition because of the lack of exposure to high temp exhaust gases.

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris,

It's possible. The exhaust-side EGR tube is known to crack, break and leak.

When doing the Stage 2 install, a tip is to secure our manifold cap using the v-band clamp from the intake side EGR tube. The exhaust side clamp tends to be in pretty bad shape after being exposed to high temps and corrosion over the last 10+ years. The intake side clamp tends to be in a lot better condition because of the lack of exposure to high temp exhaust gases.

Hi Seth,

Yes I spotted that the Clamp I removed from the EGR Tube Intake side was in very good condition. I will swap clamps as they seem to be have the same Diameter.

Is that Exhaust EGR Tube fitted to anything else between the Exhaust manifold and the EGR Valve?

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that Exhaust EGR Tube fitted to anything else between the Exhaust manifold and the EGR Valve?

There is a small J shaped bracket that the tube sits in on the back of the cylinder head. Pull up on the EGR tube and it will pop out of the J bracket. The bracket can stay, no need to remove it.