CRD cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't one available yet. But the consensus on the other forums is that a cold air intake will not help a CRD like it does a gasoline engine...because the turbo on the CRD charges the system already. So if you put a $250 cold air intake on a CRD you might get 1 mile per gallon extra and maybe a few horsepower at best. Sort of a waste. I'm sure there will be some available soon though.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LibertyCRD said:
There isn't one available yet. But the consensus on the other forums is that a cold air intake will not help a CRD like it does a gasoline engine...because the turbo on the CRD charges the system already. So if you put a $250 cold air intake on a CRD you might get 1 mile per gallon extra and maybe a few horsepower at best. Sort of a waste. I'm sure there will be some available soon though.

Yea, but I'm sure it would sound crazy awsome.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. That turbo spooling up when you lay your foot into the throttle on the highway... =P~ There's just nothing like it. A cold air intake kit would bring out that sound a little bit more.