CRD coils on a Petrol KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump

So the 925 coils with stock Bilstein shocks up front will put me at about stock height? (19.5")
What rear coils/shocks would I use to kep it level? I don't want my ass end sticking way up in the air.

It doesn't seem right using 947s in the rear. Won't that make me sit too high in the back compared to using 925s in front?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
946 is 235 Lbs

I'm not sure what stock is. I searched but can't find spring rate for stock rear springs.

I can't track down any info on the 946 coil.

tommudd said:
should keep it at about the same rake as stock once it settles in

Which shock/coil combination are you referring to? OME 946 with standard length rear shock (F4-BE5-D917-H0)?
or OME 947 with Dakota shock (F4-BE5-6458-H7.)

Sorry for the repeated questions, I just want to make sure I've got it all straight.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been said before that the 946 OME springs are the equivalent to stock for the rear. I think it would be safe to use the Dakota length shock for whatever you do for the rear. Without any more info tho I must remove myself from this discussion. I think what we need is information for a stock setup using OME springs. We know what to use for the front. The rear tho seems to be the unknown besides it being mentioned once before that 946 springs are what to use for stock height or in reality a quarter inch to half inch higher than factory height.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No more than what you are raising it, I would say a stock length shock would work. Now of course if you were raising it two to two and a half inches the stock length would top out
If you think you may want more flex and will be going off road then go for the Dakota length

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so here goes

Front:
OME 925 coils
Blistein F4-BE5-D916-H0 shocks

Rear
OME 947 coils
Blistein F4-BE5-6458-H0 shocks

This should put me about 20-20.5" all around. And I can run 245/70-16.

Does this look right?

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup or go up to medium duty

I'm trying to keep it at or about the same height as stock. I'm leaning toward using 245/70s to keep the diameter the same 235/70 (don't want to deal with loss of MPG or re-gearing) If I lift it much the 245/70s will look too small.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.