cooling system problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
came back to the jeep today to find all the coolant drained from the reservoir , so filled up through the bleeder screw and turned it on, let it warm up to temp , air started making its way out through the reservoir ( 07's just have a plastic loose reservoir cap) and ive just been topping it off as needed.

Thanks everyone and thanks for the tip prof , to fill through the bleeder screw. that really helped :waytogo:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops my bad haha well thank you eradicator:gr_grin:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after coming home from work today after running just fine on the way there, it decided to loose heat again and start to overheat. The second i saw the gauge go past the normal position i pulled over and turned it off. waited for the temp to go back down , didnt want to start, and called for a tow and walked the rest of the way home

:favorites68::-({|=

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the amount of coolant going you filled made sense to you?

Also I would recommend pressure testing the system if you haven't already to make sure you're work is all good.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did the amount of coolant going you filled made sense to you?

Also I would recommend pressure testing the system if you haven't already to make sure you're work is all good.

yes i used about 2 full gallons ( 1 hoat 1 water ) which was about what i lost when draining. they will pressure test at the shop tomorrow, i was keeping an eye on the temp so i stopped the second it went above the normal level on the dummy gauge. It was the trun over but no start that really freaked me out..... hopefully not blown head gasket or worse news tomorrow

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well to wrap up this long annoying process apparently the thermostat was in backwards, even though i triple checked its orientation because i read that other but theirs in backwards. Even in a previous post i had mentioned it was in correctly because i triple checked and refferenced to this picture
so this way is incorrect ?

You must be registered for see images attach

somewhat of a releif though

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well to wrap up this long annoying process apparently the thermostat was in backwards, even though i triple checked its orientation because i read that other but theirs in backwards. Even in a previous post i had mentioned it was in correctly because i triple checked and refferenced to this picture
so this way is incorrect ?

You must be registered for see images attach

somewhat of a releif though
That diagram is correct. Bleeder pin at top away from the block

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk