cooling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I forgot to mention that. I spent 20 minutes cleaning it out. filling up with water and cleaner and shaking it and then repeating.

Andrew

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a lot of corrosion/scaling inside. Poor choice by somebody in coolant type, maintenance.
I am glad you have heat back. I will test my jeep tonight with a vent probe, get temps for you.
Run it like that for a while see how it goes, my concern is that once again much tap water remains in the system, which really for scaling, is to be avoided.
Distilled water should only be used, and a dealer future flush could still be utilized, where the system would be free of tap water.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never tested the heat before doing the flush, I had heat before doing it. My main concern was the dealer stated that hey couldnt get flow on their flush system because my system was filled with crud. I saw some scaling in the hoses and the fill bottle. But my radiator wasnt "clogged" as they said it was.

I will be taking it to indy shop to get the system flushed soon, but I wanted to make sure there wasnt a major issue given what information I had.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Only a shop that has a proper coolant recirculating machine (like the dealer) gets it right.
That machine uses vacuum & compressed air, distilled water etc and of course dealer Hoat.
Try another dealer if you have to, but I doubt the Indy shop has the big$ recirculating machine!

Anyways, if you want to compare performance of your heat/system, I took the time to measure dash air temps for you to compare. Outside air temp was 43F.
Using the meat temp probe in center vent closest to driver, set to recirculating etc see pic below.
54423[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

54425[/ATTACH]"]

54427[/ATTACH]"]

At 20 minutes (12 min driving time) the heat would fry my hand if I got too close!
Had to turn it down big time!

Attachments

• Jeep%20Vent%20Temp1.jpg
    Jeep%20Vent%20Temp1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Vent%20Temps.jpg
    Jeep%20Vent%20Temps.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20Vent%20Temps2.jpg
    Jeep%20Vent%20Temps2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: