Coolant Resevoir Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...today I go to change my oil and I notice a leak coming out of the coolant tank, behind the air filter box against the firewall. I figure Hose. I pick up a length of generic hose and replace it. Refill coolant and low and behold it is actually the tank that is leaking, right where the hose slips on, on the bottom of the tank. So...where do I find one of these tanks? I have been looking online and have not found anything like it other than generic tanks. I do not think one of them will work because ours has 3 hoses going to it and all the ones I have seen are two and usually have a plastic cap not a radiator cap on them. Anyone else have this issue or suggestions other than epoxy?

Thank you.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you made or used a metal version? I read somewhere that these fail fairly often. Just a thought and thank you.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ's bottle does 2 jobs,1st it is part of the cooling system and the 2nd is that it also has a self contained overflow bottle in it.It's 2 bottles in one.Also the 1st I've heard of one failing(leaking).

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ's bottle does 2 jobs,1st it is part of the cooling system and the 2nd is that it also has a self contained overflow bottle in it.It's 2 bottles in one.Also the 1st I've heard of one failing(leaking).

I honestly thought it was the hose failing and not the bottle...but when I put the new one on I noticed one large white crack and several (4-5) smaller cracks or stress points. Why they are there, I have no idea. Perhaps I should just get another stock one since this one has lasted 9 years, lol.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the local stealership and they wanted $134.89 for it! HA! :favorites68::favorites68::favorites68: Online it is. Waiting to hear back form a Aluminum Fabricator. :icon_twisted: Otherwise online it will be.

Latest posts

Members online