Coolant brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike205

Reaction score
I bought the Zerex G05 from Napa. It's the right color. O'reilly's has Zerex G05 but it's green. Not sure why but I trust the having the right color more. But that's just me.

crasher

Reaction score
First post, because I read a lot, and have nothing useful to contribute:

When I bought the 06 CRD (about 118K miles) from a reseller back in May/14 I had him do the waterpump and timing belt as a condition to sale.

I have no idea what was in there before, but I know the stuff in there now is green, and I have no idea what kinda stuff it is besides green.

It's been 19 months since then, and about 4K miles added to it.
Do I just need to take it someplace for a complete flush?
Will that make a difference at this point?
Or worst case scenario I'm hosed.
Suggestions?

Thanks for input.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post, because I read a lot, and have nothing useful to contribute:

When I bought the 06 CRD (about 118K miles) from a reseller back in May/14 I had him do the waterpump and timing belt as a condition to sale.

I have no idea what was in there before, but I know the stuff in there now is green, and I have no idea what kinda stuff it is besides green.

It's been 19 months since then, and about 4K miles added to it.
Do I just need to take it someplace for a complete flush?
Will that make a difference at this point?
Or worst case scenario I'm hosed.
Suggestions?

Thanks for input.
Just get a flush done ASAP. May not have damaged but it is known in the long term to do damage.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a flush done ASAP. May not have damaged but it is known in the long term to do damage.
Unknown to my aunt, she has had prestone for the past 130k miles. No damage yet. But we did a complete drain and flush while she was overhere getting a "tune up". One of her hose clamps was leaking. So asked her and she whatever my uncle gets from his job. Its prestone.

Go with HOAT. its not that much more honestly. I keep a 50/50 bottle in my Jeep

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

crasher

Reaction score
Thanks to the both of you, I appreciate the info.

I never had to deal with this concept/stuff before.
I traded down from my '97 CTD 4x4 Ram, and this '06 CRD is the newest thing I've owned besides bluejeans, computers, and food.

:)