Convert to Heated Seats

Discussion in 'How To' started by Ikster, May 10, 2018.

1. Ikster

Ikster New Member

We absolutely love our 2005 Liberty Limited. However, it is becoming increasingly desirable to upgrade to heated front seats. Can it be done? Where to get parts? Appreciate all the help

2. Summerplace

Summerplace New Member

Currently trying to install heated/power seats in 05 Sport. Nightmare, mine has a 3 wire harness under the passenger seat, everybody here seems to have the 2 or 4 wire harness. Can't find information on wiring. If you have the 3 wire under your passenger seat I would find answer prior to spending your money.

3. renegade 04

renegade 04 Full Access Member

It can be done, but unless you have the wiring already there it will be a pain to wire up.

4. scottski

scottski New Member

I just put in heated seats in my liberty. Since I had to take the seats out to replace the heater core...took the opportunity to do so.
    Bought a kit off of amazon for 51 bucks.

I unclipped the seat covers, slid in the heating pads, and ran the wiring thru the center console then under the carpet. I drilled two holes just above the cup holders.

Looks totally stock, and the wiring is just to the fuse panel, a pos and neg wire. Its that easy.

Now my butt is warm. But I have to try to find a better fuse to tap into, the one I used is always on, if you leave your seat on, it will drain your battery in a few hours. Lets hear it for trickle chargers.

5. 04Liberty

04Liberty Full Access Member

That's because you don't have the factory module wired in so that it times out or cuts it if it gets too warm lol. They aren't just wired to hot, switch and ground from the factory lol.

6. CorDog009

CorDog009 New Member

I just added a remote start. If it’s that cold, we’ll start it up and let it get warm before leaving the house.