control arm removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trucksr4girls

Reaction score
The alignment is way off if i can tell by looking at the tires that it's no good. It drives terrible too. It wobbles and I'm afraid to drive it fast around turns for the risk of blowing out a tire. It's not a new lift so there's no settling needed. We just put on the new extended control arms and it seems like the lift is just not big enough to offset the extended arms. I'm gunna put some spacers on there before I take it to yet another shop for another alignment. I'll let everyone know how it goes and if there really is a shop in tennessee that can deal with lifted liberties.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The alignment is way off if i can tell by looking at the tires that it's no good. It drives terrible too. It wobbles and I'm afraid to drive it fast around turns for the risk of blowing out a tire. It's not a new lift so there's no settling needed. We just put on the new extended control arms and it seems like the lift is just not big enough to offset the extended arms. I'm gunna put some spacers on there before I take it to yet another shop for another alignment. I'll let everyone know how it goes and if there really is a shop in tennessee that can deal with lifted liberties.
What lift did you install?(to lazy to search) From the pics looks like no lift at all.

What spacers are you wanting to put on? Wheel spacers?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wobbles? Why does this sound like something more than an alignment issue?

trucksr4girls

Reaction score
What lift did you install?(to lazy to search) From the pics looks like no lift at all.

What spacers are you wanting to put on? Wheel spacers?

i have a 3" rough country suspension lift.. i know it doesn't look lifted much which *****. i'm gunna get some strut spacers for a little extra lift but i do want wheel spacers when i get some better tires.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 3" rough country suspension lift.. i know it doesn't look lifted much which *****. i'm gunna get some strut spacers for a little extra lift but i do want wheel spacers when i get some better tires.
Okay I found your problem,the RC lift is just a front spacer lift and you bought it used and your coils are so sagged that your at or maybe 1" above normal ride height.You need to remove the JBA's until you get a actual lift since the JBA's are to long for the sagging lift you have on currently.

Time to upgrade the lift already,yeah I know you just installed it but throw it away and get OME HD coils.Just adding more spacers to the front will only make your problem worse and damage your front suspension more.

Like Tom states.............

Cheap = Expensive

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the RC 3" lift.... made a massive height difference (seems like more than 3 inches in front) for me! but I only have about 54K miles on the Jeep and yeah... she was scary to drive til I got the alignment done. after alignment all the bumping and clacking sounds went away, and she rides and handles just fine

Last edited: