Completely Screwed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel prof. I had my apartment burglarized while in college (I was actually there and woke up to confront them, long story.) No matter who you are, it takes a while to get over that feeling of being victimized.

It's like getting kicked in the crotch. You may be able to stand up straight, but the nausea takes a bit to go away.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Jo6pak. That's exactly true for me as well. I tended to worry too much and overplan things as it was. I could probably be clinically diagnosed as paranoid right now. I'm one of those people who just wants to mind my own business and be left alone. It's hard to feel like I can do either right now.

draperjojo

Reaction score
Having had a motorcycle stolen once, I installed a motion sensing alarm on my harley that transmitted to a pager. When I was out on trips, I would just set the alarm and go in my hotel room....figuring that if my pager went off, I'd crack open the door and paint em up with the laser on my Glock... :happy175:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always asked for a ground floor room and drove my bike in the room...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I always asked for a ground floor room and drove my bike in the room...

Problem is you have to have a skinny bike! :icon_lol:My Harley wouldn't fit unless you removed the faring and hard bags plus I hate lower rooms and people walking on top of me .......

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Having had a motorcycle stolen once, I installed a motion sensing alarm on my harley that transmitted to a pager. When I was out on trips, I would just set the alarm and go in my hotel room....figuring that if my pager went off, I'd crack open the door and paint em up with the laser on my Glock... :happy175:

OR...end up like a buddy of mine. He heard an alarm like was on his Goldwing :favorites68:that went off one night when they were down in Tenn. He grabs his gun, starts towards the door, trips over his wifes " shoe bag " gun goes off shoots through the big window in their unit, hits the windshield of his buddys bike and the rest was a sleepless night.
Ends up it was a car alarm, guys girlfriend goes back to the car to get something, forgets about the alarm sitting it off, next thing there is a gun shot, she's hiding behind the car in nothing but a thin robe when the cops arrive, windows blown out of a room, windshield on a Harley shot through........
He said next morning when he went to get breakfast everyone was " thanking him for the nights excitement " I think he learned to keep the safety on until ready to shoot, and a few more things that night ! :ROFLJest:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Women and their shoes have been causing trouble for men ever since the first sandal was invented. :mexsmoke:

ol-flattop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...grabs his gun, starts towards the door, trips over his wifes " shoe bag " gun goes off shoots through the big window in their unit...
It always amuses me to see/hear a story worded this way. In all fairness, Tom, I have no doubt your buddy worded it exactly this way to you to, but if he were more honest and responsible, he'd have said, 'I tripped over my wife's shoe bag and compulsively pulled the trigger, because I stupidly had my finger on it when it had no business being there.' The best safety is a brain trained to keep its booger hook off the bang switch. [/rant]

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It always amuses me to see/hear a story worded this way. In all fairness, Tom, I have no doubt your buddy worded it exactly this way to you to, but if he were more honest and responsible, he'd have said, 'I tripped over my wife's shoe bag and compulsively pulled the trigger, because I stupidly had my finger on it when it had no business being there.' The best safety is a brain trained to keep its booger hook off the bang switch. [/rant]

I removed all of the words starting with the letters " F, D, S, C, etc" then shortened the story a good bit since Ole Bill tends to take a 3 minute incident and make it last an hour . Plus where he lives, you always have your finger on the trigger ready to pull.......

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score

"Engage your brain before you engage your weapon." - General James Mattis USMC.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In gun training we are taught to keep the trigger finger on the side of the gun. If you walk around with finger on trigger, you are either poorly trained, or not trained at all. Finger on trigger only when ready to shoot, otherwise stupid "accidents" happen.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
--Prof

Prof's 2007 Liberty Project
More Pics Here

BTW, I'm really enjoying scrolling through your album pics...kinda takes me back to the '60s, if you know what I mean....LOL

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny
but in the real world its way different

yea, I believe the mad dog has plenty of real world experience.
they call it a Negligent discharge for a reason. that reason being that it is completely preventable.

if you are going to carry, you should invest in training. that training will most likely save your life if you ever has to use your weapon.