Competent mechanic in Vancouver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a GOOD mechanic in Vancouver (or Burnaby or Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam) that actually has a clue about Jeeps and is familiar with the KJ? I've had the misfortune of having my KJ in a couple HORRIBLE shops already and I'm sick of fixing their mistakes in my garage. I mostly do my own work, but I think it is really good to have a knowledgeable mechanic under a vehicle every once in a while, or if I'm strapped for time it would be good to have someone reliable.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem in Vancouver region is there are way too many super busy shops & they jump between jobs, forgetting what they were last doing. :eek:
West Coast Alignment & Frame is a small family owned BCAA approved & fully certified repair shop.
He does lots of 4x4 work & is very qualified. Good alignments.
If you are lifted, I'd give him the lifted specs.
Always ask for a quote at any shops.
North Shore Off Road deals with Jeeps only, mainly Wranglers, but I suppose it really depends on what service work you really are needing to address.

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
I live in your neck to of the woods and sorry I can't help you out directly as I do all my own wrench pulling on my new to me Jeep KJ.
I have an old retired Honda mechanic that I use for my Honda vehicles when I'm too busy, never asked him if he works on Jeeps.
When my Daughter used to own the KJ that she sold to me, she took it to Coquitlam Chrysler and Jeep.
Then she started using I believe Quantum Motors out in Langley when I was to busy to do diagnostics for her KJ.
My old boss used to use Sapperton Motors in New West. I see they moved to 22899 Dewdney Trunk Rd, Maple Ridge.
I'm sure you use Lordco for most of your parts supply.
Post your issues on here as there is a lot more confidence on fact finding than a mechanic that works on all types of vehicles and doesn't specialize on KJ's

JeepStar

Reaction score
I use the 4 Wheel Parts (4WP) location here in the Toronto area (Burlington store) for some of my bigger jobs (suspension, axles, tires). You may want to talk with the Service Manager of their Vancouver area store. I expect they mostly work on Wranglers and pickup trucks, but you could ask if they get any Jeep Liberty customers.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The 4 wheel Parts shop & store is located at 20315- 96Ave-Unit #105 Langley BC. (The only place that stocks lubelocker gaskets)
Last time I was there in April 2021, a KJ was outside along with lifted Wrangler's waiting for service.
I thought I would mention that for used Parts, Gary's Auto Wreckers in Maple Ridge is a Jeep Only Wrecker, bring you own tools.
Not sure what KJ inventory they may have, not been there in years.

Latest posts

Members online