Color coded dash trim bezels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ Ebster

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a 2003 Atlantic Blue Liberty which will be all paid up on 5 August:) Yeah....
I wanna color code the trim bezels in the dash (2 on either side of steering and the one around head unit/AC controls. Here are my questions:

1) Does anyone have pics of this done to their Jeep
2) How do I remove the trim pieces around the steering and HU? I could not find a thread explaining this
3) My 2003's trim panels have a raised hexagonal pattern on it. Any advice on how to smooth it. I guess I should use sand paper. What grit?
4) Does Jeep dealers sell Atlantic Blue and Clear coat paint in aerosol cans? I know that VW sells the color and clear coat for their cars as a kit for about $27 for the set

Install pics will be awesome

Thansk guys
E

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  1. Not exactly what you are looking for, but billforde has done something similar.
  2. If you are talking about just the horizontal trim pieces, they are held on by small metal clips, and are just pulled off. The radio bezel is held on by a screw near the lighter and some metal tabs on the inside. Remove the screw and pull around the edges. At least that's the way those pieces came off of my dash.
  3. Its probably easier to trade with somebody who has the smooth ones and wants textured instead of sanding.
  4. You may want to look into SEM Color Coat for this. Its made to be flexible and shouldn't chip as easily as other paints when applied to plastic (and vinyl). I would also ask billforde what he used and how well its held up.

DJ Ebster

Reaction score
Thanks Boilermaker
I looked at billforde's pics and it seems that he did teh bezel and a bit more:)

I will reach out to him for more details. Do you know if there is a list of part #'s on this site where I can find #'s for the non-textured bezels?

Thanks again
E

DJ Ebster

Reaction score
Awesome
Thansk a mil
I found what I was looking for in the pdf
Regards
E

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, sooner or later i would like to do something to the interior too, but nothing very showy. Painting some of the trim seems to be the easiest/least expensive option. I would really like to do something about all the hard plastic, but that will probably get expensive.