Coil pack resistanace testing for Dummies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My engine shake may be normal. The first time I felt it my first observation was something seems out of balance.....
Link:LOST JEEPS • View topic - why do 3.7L's have a rough idle?
That link explains it correctly being a narrow odd fire V6.It does run a counter balance where the "camshaft" should be but still will have a slight vibration.The 4.7 V8 is slightly smoother but not much as the more cylinders you have the more balanced naturally it becomes.

Worn motor mounts can increase that vibration also.

You must be registered for see images attach

What my motor mounts looked like at 68k.I'd highly recommend the OEM ones,yes they are 3-4 times as expensive but the aftermarket ones don't last.USAFCOP changed his also as his looked like mine when we did his SFA swap but he used the cheap aftermarket ones and they lasted 1 month before they tore again.

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but my '05 3.7L is barely surviving idle and no codes at all so it's driving me crazy, If I unplug one of the coils and try to start it will generate a code for the coil so it is detecting if a coil is bad. I just pulled two of the coils #1 and #2 and both read 1.4 ohms between the two pins.

I pulled the spark plugs and I get 1-3-5 very very dark like if it was running rich on that side, then I get 2 pretty clean, 4 less clean and 6 dark but not as much as 1-3 or 5. Any ideas?