Codes P138, P122, and P123???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was driving on the interstate (around 75mph) and it unlocked the torque converter for no reason. Wasnt giving it a lot of gas, wasnt going up a hill, rpms went up to 3500. I looked at my scan gauge and the throttle position was 0, I figured no problem, the TPS is bad. Couple of seconds later all returned to normal. Only problem I noticed was it would idle between 1,000 and 1,500 rpms. Got a code of P122. Replaced the TPS (~$38) and all was well for a week or so. Check engine light came on again and it was for the oxygen sensor (P138). Cleared that code and it stayed off for another week. Come today, P138 is back and so is P123?? TPS reading on the scan gauge was maxed out at 99 and the transmission kept down shifting to 2nd (My speed was around 45 at the time) Now the voltage is too high on the TPS. During the evening it would idle at 1,000 some but its mostly acting normal. Anyone ever have this happen?? Not sure what the chances are the O2 sensor is bad and the new TPS is bad also. The TPS has a lifetime warranty so I guess Ill return it first and see if that fixes the TPS code. Hoping something isnt shorting out somewhere.

P0122 Throttle Position Sensor #1 Voltage Low
P0123 Throttle Position Sensor #1 Voltage High

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tjkj, I had the tps exchanged this evening and the light stayed off for the short trip home. Gonna see if this one goes bad, if it does ill return it and get a oem like you say. Shouldve done that from the get go but its so easy running by advance and grabbing one. No jeep dealers for miles around here

Latest posts

Members online