Code P0700

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buildabracelet#54

Reaction score
My name is Teresa (Teri for short) my Jeep 2006 Liberty is coming up code P0700 not sure what to make of this. I have an appointment with a Jeep dealer and I would like to know what I'm in for.

The Liberty seems to run fine most of the time but I noticed it bogging down on the highway after a 90 minute drive like it was loosing some power or sluggish and the engine light came on. Next day went for a short time and it appears fine engine light is off.

Could this be a sensor or am I in for Trans work? Any help would be appreciated
Teri in Ohio

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My name is Teresa (Teri for short) my Jeep 2006 Liberty is coming up code P0700 not sure what to make of this. I have an appointment with a Jeep dealer and I would like to know what I'm in for.

The Liberty seems to run fine most of the time but I noticed it bogging down on the highway after a 90 minute drive like it was loosing some power or sluggish and the engine light came on. Next day went for a short time and it appears fine engine light is off.

Could this be a sensor or am I in for Trans work? Any help would be appreciated
Teri in Ohio
Ohio as well? Well p0700 is the tcm.. here's what it means.. vehicles have a control module for the automatic transmission called a transmission control module (TCM). The engine control module (ECM) communicates with the TCM to monitor the automatic transmission for faults. If the TCM detects a fault in the automatic transmission and sets a transmission related fault code, the ECM is informed of this also and sets a P0700 in the ECM memory

Read more at:*https://www.obd-codes.com/p0700
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

buildabracelet#54

Reaction score
Thank you I have scheduled an apt with the Jeep dealer. the information you directed me to does help. I just wanted some background info so I don't go into the mechanic looking stupid. I have a big fear of repair shops $$$