Clutch disengage switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldJoe

Reaction score
Hi Guys... Is there a way to bypass the clutch switch for starting the jeep? In the morning or later in the evening, I push in the clutch pedal and everything starts OK. Lately, when parked outside at work in the sun, I really have to mash the pedal down to get it to start. I've been driving a stick for over 50 years, so I really don't need that switch to remind me to push in the clutch. (I've never owned one of them new-fangled automatics. Just a heads up, I think they're just a passing fad.) Has anyone had this problem or have you gotten rid of that switch?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys... Is there a way to bypass the clutch switch for starting the jeep? In the morning or later in the evening, I push in the clutch pedal and everything starts OK. Lately, when parked outside at work in the sun, I really have to mash the pedal down to get it to start. I've been driving a stick for over 50 years, so I really don't need that switch to remind me to push in the clutch. (I've never owned one of them new-fangled automatics. Just a heads up, I think they're just a passing fad.) Has anyone had this problem or have you gotten rid of that switch?

Really really wish I had a manual Liberty. Wish I could help. If you wanna bypass the switch I'm assuming it's just an open/closing circuit. Hypothetically you could just bridge the connector and be all set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch on my Export 2002 CRD is mounted on the plunger right at the clutch pedal itself....you should be able to short it out right there or for safety sake fit an external momentary button across it as suggested.

Latest posts

Members online