Cloth on KJ doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i noticed something yesterday that I can't believe I never noticed before. My 02 2WD Sport has cloth inserts on the Door panels instead of vinyl like all of the other KJs that I have seen. It is the exact same pattern as the seats and it is on all four doors. Now this KJ is the most bare bones that I have ever seen. I mean it is a 5-speed, 2wd, no power doorlocks/windows or mirrors, No maplights, no cargo light or even mirrors on the visors, It didn't come with fog lights, tinted windows or even side roof rails. It came with 215/75/16 tires on steel wheels, a compact spare and no spare tire cover or floor mats (interestingly enough the only options it came with were the 3.7L, cruise control and a CD Player). I guess maybe that is why it has cloth on the door panels? but I kinda like it better than the vinyl door panels. So I am wondering how rare it is. Do any of you have cloth/fabric door panels and if so are they on such a poverty model as mine?

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Cloth here as well. 02 Sport (UK Spec) Comes with all the other goodies though, electric mirrors with heater element, remote door locking, leccy windows, sun visor mirrors with lights, roof rails etc. Think positive though, yours has less to go wrong! Glass half full and all that! Hehe. Steve :smokin:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Cool!
I at one point was thinking of covering the fake leather like material on ours due to the fact that the drivers side get's polished right in front of the lock button from being used as an arm rest and gets hot as hell from the sun!
Personally I think cloth would of been nicer.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an 02 thing IIRC..

yeah now i am thinking it must have been a mid year change on the 2002s because my 02 Renegade doesn't have cloth and neither did my old other 02 Sport which is why I was confused. I wanna try and find some Dark slate grey door panels with the cloth for my white one (the 2wd is taupe and I hate taupe)

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take some pictures? I'm planning to reupholster my seats and I wanted to convert my doors to cloth to match but I've never seen it done before and I would like to see how it looks.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot, it depends on whether you have cloth or leather seats. Oops. :)

gotcha! I wanna get some for my 03 so I need to find a 2002 with dark slate gray interior to steal the door panels from (preferably a Limited with cloth seats so i don't have to change the handles and lock bezels over) :D