Clevis not aligning with LCA bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
Sounds like my projects!

Start with 1 issue and just keep going because ...
As long as i have it down this far ...
Exactly! I've gotta disassemble all this crap anyway. Might as well take care of the other stuff now instead of doing this all over again later.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go. Not quite done yet. The upper ball joint nut that came with the Mevotech UCAs are much bigger than stock and I don't have the socket for it. Otherwise, all done. Just need to bleed the brakes once I finish up the other corners.

Thanks to @tommudd and YouTube for a successful first time rebuilding my entire suspension.
Nice! Like the red calipers. Glad it all worked out! Where did you get pre-assembled Moog strut assemblies to begin with?

The only ones I have seen on RockAuto are the Monroe ones or whatever, that people say here are crap. I have priced out a separate OME build but it would come out to quite a bit of money (IMO) with all the separate parts to buy then have someone assemble (don't trust myself w the coil spring compression step lol).

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
Nice! Like the red calipers. Glad it all worked out! Where did you get pre-assembled Moog strut assemblies to begin with?

The only ones I have seen on RockAuto are the Monroe ones or whatever, that people say here are crap. I have priced out a separate OME build but it would come out to quite a bit of money (IMO) with all the separate parts to buy then have someone assemble (don't trust myself w the coil spring compression step lol).
I got the Moogs from the manufacturer's Amazon store. Kinda bummed it didn't work out as they're kinda mid tier and given the urgency, I settled on some Monroes from Rock Auto to get it done. Probably gonna go OME in a couple of years.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NoVA_KJ Ohhh so you returned them and went an entirely different brand. Maybe I missed that here, okay. Ugh maybe I will bite the bullet someday for that nice set up. My original front's are def sitting lower than my replaced rear coil springs and shocks now lol. At the moment with tire prices though all my car part money is about to go to that...sigh.

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
@NoVA_KJ Ohhh so you returned them and went an entirely different brand. Maybe I missed that here, okay. Ugh maybe I will bite the bullet someday for that nice set up. My original front's are def sitting lower than my replaced rear coil springs and shocks now lol. At the moment with tire prices though all my car part money is about to go to that...sigh.
It's my daily driver, so I needed to get it done ASAP. That and the price are the only reason why I went with Monroe. The Moogs jumped up in price from the time I bought them to the time I needed another set. My rationale now is that these new Monroes are better than 16 year old, shot OEM struts ‍

jerzyiroc

Reaction score
Here we go. Not quite done yet. The upper ball joint nut that came with the Mevotech UCAs are much bigger than stock and I don't have the socket for it. Otherwise, all done. Just need to bleed the brakes once I finish up the other corners.

Thanks to @tommudd and YouTube for a successful first time rebuilding my entire suspension.
This is the Mevotech CTXK3198 right?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It's my daily driver, so I needed to get it done ASAP. That and the price are the only reason why I went with Monroe. The Moogs jumped up in price from the time I bought them to the time I needed another set. My rationale now is that these new Monroes are better than 16 year old, shot OEM struts ‍
Maybe better than 16 year old stockers, but will need replaced in a year or less Im sure
Neighbor asked me how much to do a full OME lift last year ,
went to another shop, they talked in him into Monroe shocks, rear bounces more than a ping pong ball now

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
Maybe better than 16 year old stockers, but will need replaced in a year or less Im sure
Neighbor asked me how much to do a full OME lift last year ,
went to another shop, they talked in him into Monroe shocks, rear bounces more than a ping pong ball now
I plan on replacing them next spring. Just a stop gap to get the Jeep back on the road. I kept the ride height stock and the rear is Bilstein shocks and Moog springs. Just the front struts will need to be replaced

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I plan on replacing them next spring. Just a stop gap to get the Jeep back on the road. I kept the ride height stock and the rear is Bilstein shocks and Moog springs. Just the front struts will need to be replaced
Front " shocks " will need along with springs, springs bounce more being under rated causing more wear on the shocks so they wear out faster
struts are on cars with no UCAs

Latest posts

Members online