Clevis lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id still use factory and the clevis
Those stamped steel parts look mighty cheap to me. Will they hold up, well they should but for the cost difference I'll always stick with the 3/8 inch clevis
Thats a good point, i think ill just end up keeping clevis lift and maybe repaint the forks down the road

nowherefast77

Reaction score
Look it over and ask again:icon_lol:

Hrm.... Yeah sooooooo kinda seems like all yer answers to my confusion were pretty obvious after actually looking at the factory build doesn't it. :doh2:

So now lemme ask ya this out of curiosity. The top spacer plate, I've read no more then 2 plates for half inch total and I know you recommend not to go more then 1/4. This is purely because of the length of the coil over studs correct? I mean in theory could you successfully run all your lift (within safe operating limits obviously) with a top plate spacer provided you had enough stud left over?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hrm.... Yeah sooooooo kinda seems like all yer answers to my confusion were pretty obvious after actually looking at the factory build doesn't it. :doh2:

So now lemme ask ya this out of curiosity. The top spacer plate, I've read no more then 2 plates for half inch total and I know you recommend not to go more then 1/4. This is purely because of the length of the coil over studs correct? I mean in theory could you successfully run all your lift (within safe operating limits obviously) with a top plate spacer provided you had enough stud left over?

Not sure where the heck you read two plates but get that out of your head, ( more darn Facebook crap :icon_lol:)
You can go 3/8 inch at MOST for a top plate.
There is a reason we do say a 3/8 inch clevis and 1/4 inch top plate, cause it works and works well . Been done 1000s of times over , the people who try and add to much clevis or too much height in top plate pay for it in the end. We've done lifts at my place that 5-6-7 years later and those people are still driving theirs everyday with no issues. You can push things to the limit, BUT only if going a short distance or like working on them beside the road

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wifes has......

3/8" top plate
Ironman HD
3/8" clevis space
KK clevis (3/8" longer)

Sitting at 4" all day long (well until the ironman springs sagged to hell)

But I never did work on the side of the road and she drives it everyday from Liberty to Houston.

But THAT IS THE MAX without adding in a cradle drop and other fun stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Members online