Clean Your Air Intake Screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It has been 3 years since I removed the plastic Lower windshield cowling, and it had to be vacuumed out.
Then for good measure, the screen got power washed along with a lemon cleaner, now It's good again.
How does all that debris get in there ?
Greased the wiper arm pivots, also anti-seize applied when re-installing wiper arms.
Now when set on 4, the blower really pushes the air though again!:)
You must be registered for see images attach

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on one of the Jeep Forums some time ago a Greek Export CRD owner was able to find a filter with housing that fitted neatly over that screen to keep the debris out.

Would be nice to be able to find such a thing.

I think I must clean my screen as you have done and also clean out the screen inside the cabin below the Glove Box before Spring starts here and grease the wipers for the coming rains!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I think I have seen that filter housing created before.
Considering that there are 4 conveniently placed nuts surrounding the current screen, it would be easy enough to add another layer, with air gap, of plastic breathable mesh over top.
Not that I have a photo of the material I am thinking about, it is a green plastic mesh about 1/4 inch thick, and a couple of washer, with the material cut to size, may do the trick.
Now you got me on the hunt for this material to add LOL..:)