Clay Bar on Plastic Parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Maguire's Smooth Surface kit and I'm wondering if I should use it on the plastic bits that are on the KJ?

My front fenders are plastic as well as the front end and I'm looking to get the baked-in bug guts off of it. Will the clay bar help me with this? Any other ideas?

I've tried naphtha (lighter fluid) and gasoline, and the so-called bug removers with no luck. One of the things I haven't tried is peanut butter!

Any thoughts?

Weegie5

Reaction score
I had wax residue on a lot of my plastic and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took it right off. I'm very impressed!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
are the plastics painted? I also wonder how well that would do, I have a lot of crap on my plastic portions, especially bumpers

AJK381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your talking the body colored actual fender not the flare im pretty sure they are steel. in any case i just clay barred the whole thing, except the flares because its a sport and it turned out great. the limiteds hae painted smooth flares which you can also use the clay bar on too.