Chrysler Layoffs at Liberty plant in Toledo, OH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant say thats surprising...

They will probably cut the aspen which *****.. Its about the only family getter I would of ever had and it probably wont be around when that time comes for me to need one(many years down the road). Probably wont be able to get a hemi either.. :(

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably wont be able to get a hemi either.. :(

You already got a hemi Blake....you're not commin down with that alzheimers crap I hope......:D

Heard about the layoffs on the news. Looks a little gloomy.

Dave

Burchie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If DCX and GM are both struggling as individual companies right now, if they merge wouldn't that just make one big struggling company?

Or am I missing something?

Kick.gifkopkrab.gifdrive.gif(dunno)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If DCX and GM are both struggling as individual companies right now, if they merge wouldn't that just make one big struggling company?

my thoughts exactly

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are sayin over here at the BAP(belvidere assembly plant)...jeep compass,patriot, and dodge caliber... that nissan wants to scoop us up..

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If GM absorbs Chryco they get to "**** and pilage". They get they $11.9 (I think billion) or so cash reserve Chryco has associated with them, they get the Town&County/Caravan and they sell off everything else at auction. The cash and the minivan is the ONLY items GM really wants. The MAJOR gate to sealing this deal, in my opinion, is the LifeTime Warranty. In fact that is what push me to buy the 2008 Grand sitting in my driveway right now...so I am hoping I have done my part to squash this deal...at least for the time being...:)

Burchie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If GM absorbs Chryco they get to "**** and pilage". They get they $11.9 (I think billion) or so cash reserve Chryco has associated with them, they get the Town&County/Caravan and they sell off everything else at auction. The cash and the minivan is the ONLY items GM really wants. The MAJOR gate to sealing this deal, in my opinion, is the LifeTime Warranty. In fact that is what push me to buy the 2008 Grand sitting in my driveway right now...so I am hoping I have done my part to squash this deal...at least for the time being...:)

I figured someone had to have something in their back pocket to make this deal work. And $11.9 bill sure would do it for me. :rolleyes: I'll tell you what, no matter what happens, we are in for some interesting times. (Aeh)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
they are sayin over here at the BAP(belvidere assembly plant)...jeep compass,patriot, and dodge caliber... that nissan wants to scoop us up..

Wouldn't that be the SECOND time that Renault owned Jeep?

Wouldn't be so bad, IMO. IH used Nissan diesels back in the day.

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nissan has already come by to check things out.. from inside here it seeems like nissan has more of a shot than gm.. all gm wants is the cummins and jeep

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nissan is looking to buy into Chrysler, not the entire organization. It will still be a GM/Chrysler merger while limiting portions (20%) to Nissan.

Members online